June 2011 Moms

Pregnancy perks

I went to Lowes and started to get to bags of mulch.  A sales person saw me and ran over to me.  He stopped me and said he would do it and offered to get the mulch that was the same for a $1.50 less a bag.  I said, "Well heck, I'll get 6 bags then".  They then brought the cart to the front where someone loaded the bags into my truck.

I'm gonna miss this belly.

Re: Pregnancy perks

• Oh I love me belly especially at Lowes.  When DH has a question and can never get a sales person I just stand in the main aisle rubbing my belly with a confused look on my face (glance left then glance right then left again lol) ... it always sends someone running.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Haha same thing happened to me at Home Depot but it was after I already loaded 15 40lb bags into my cart but I did get help loading them into my car :) I got 5 bags at Walmart earlier in the week and was not offered any help. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kas80kas80 member

Every time I go to the grocery store I end up getting help on loading bags into my car.  They insist on it, which amuses me because I don't buy a ton at a time and I could quite easily do it myself.

And the comment about how standing in the aisle rubbing your belly with a confused look on your face will send Lowes employees running is so true!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know what you mean. Everyone loves pregnant ppl! Isn't it great? Enjoy it for the time you have left
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • man I can't wait to really get out and experience this!

Today at Hobby Lobby I told the associate I needed pre-made bows because I can't tie them pretty and she pointed at my belly and said "if that one is a girl you'll learn". It actually took me a second to realize she was talking about me being pregnant. I was like huh who me? ha! Then I was like oooh yeah, it's a girl, she can tell I'm pregnant. I even told DH about it when we got home and he tells me, "Uh yeah, well you do look pregnant." lol. I guess I'm just so used to people at my shower back at 29 weeks telling me I was SO small.

• PocketyPockety member

Wow, impressive about Lowe's!  

My dad got badly hurt in a Lowe's parking lot once (he was on a scooter and fell, and broke his leg in 2 places.)  He literally laid on the ground and called himself an ambulance, waited for it (with some customers helping him), and left, without a single Lowe's employee coming out to see what had happened or to offer assistance!  

Glad they treat pregnant women better than old men who shouldn't be on motorcycles/scooters! 

Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"