Pre-School and Daycare

Bedtime- What Happened?

What happened to the easy bedtime where my DD would fall asleep as soon as she went to bed?  For the last week she has been staying awake in her room playing, looking through books, looking out her window, etc. for about an hour or so after bedtime.  She hasn't napped in over a year, so I know she's tired at night.  Ugh!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Bedtime- What Happened?

• It amazes me how they have so much energy and keep going especially at bedtime!  Our bedtime routine includes reading a book and singing a few songs.  I find if I let her look at pictures of a book and talk to her about something in the day it helps to settle her down.  If I try to insist that she go to sleep she fights it, but if I just talk to her and then say goodnight, it seems to work better.

Good luck!

Caroline arrived 6/17/2012
    Courtney arrived 9/16/07
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is frustrating.  Harm has gone through a couple of phases like that.  I hope your DD's is just a phase!!!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • A lot of times when DS is overtired he will stay up longer.  He always needs time to relax and decompress but it sometimes the more tired he is, the harder it is for him to relax. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"