Minnesota Babies

Spit up

For some reason Will has been spitting more lately and 1x/day is a very large spit up.  He just did this, I'm covered in spit up and so is the chair (yuck!), but is now acting hungry.  Do you normally feed your child more if s/he has a large spit up?

fwiw, I've never fed him more in the past, but he also does not typically start showing hunger signs so soon after doing so.

Re: Spit up

• May be completely diff scenario bc my LO has acid reflux... but the DR applauded me on her weight gain (due to AR) because I ALWAYS make sure she eats more if she spits up large amounts.... even if she is fighting it (she acts hungry and gives me the sign but shakes her head and screams when I give her the bottle) I still keep at it and wont give up until she has eaten the normal amount and KEPT IT DOWN.... Makes her MUCH happier in the long run... just my 2 cents....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PS - your LO may be completely diff and looks older... just thought I would reply since no one else has and I know how frustrating that can be ;o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty sure it's not AR since he's 8 months and has never been much of a spitter.  It's just recently and he'll spit up a few times a day for a few days and then he won't spit up at all for a few days.  It's just a bit odd. 

I'm not going to feed him after spitting up in the future as he usually just spits that up too.  Maybe I'm overfeeding him??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"