3rd Trimester

Do you take Tylenol? How often?

My last pregnancy I never popped a single pill of any sort. This time around I'm in pretty miserable pain (in my hips) almost everyday. I have broken down and taken Tylenol a couple of times. It feels so much better! I'm tempted to take it everyday but a pill everyday for the next +/-7 weeks seems excessive. I was just wondering if you take Tylenol and if so, how often?

Re: Do you take Tylenol? How often?

• I am the same way. I don't want to take any meds at all, but I have taken it a few times only if I have a HORRIBLE headache, I usually power through the back pains.

I think I have probably taken 5-10 pills my whole pregnancy, and that includes when I had a horrible head cold.

imageimage
  • I've taken about 15 Benadryl while pg (in my first tri I broke out in head-to-toe hives from pregnancy hormones and I also have seasonal allergies that make me so congested that I gag and vomit at times) and maybe 5 Tylenol. I find Tylenol doesn't really work for me (I can't wait until I can take Ibuprofen again) but my midwife told me I really just need to take 3 reg or 2 extra strength. One a day won't hurt you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've almost polished off a 50 count bottle. Between the headaches and back aches (the worst) I've probably  taken 2 every other week or so at this point (some weeks more) which isn't so bad! I also had to take some cold medicine (Tylenol Cold and Sinus) a few times. With baby #1 I barely took anything!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I take Tylenol Pm every night to help with the lower back pain, and lack of sleep. Earlier on I took regular tylenol a lot for the migraines. 

eta- I've taken the pm (2 a night) for the past 10wks. No issues with them at all.  Tylenol is completely safe, it's much better to take them when you need them than to just be in pain. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I take a dose almost every day at this point. I'm miserable, not sleeping, have terrible headaches. I figure the tylenol is probably better than the possible effects on the baby of my misery. 
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MrsD1MrsD1 member

I hadn't taken anything up until about 34 weeks. I also started getting occasional hip pain and really bad back pain. I now take Tylenol every once in awhile, which probably averages out to a couple of times a week.

ETA: When I had really bad hip pain a few days in a row, I took it every day. 

• I take it when I need it. My doctor said that I can take up to the daily recommended amount if needed. I had some nasty carpel tunnel.
  • Thanks! I feel better already:)
  • I take tylenol probably 2-3 times a week to help relieve my horrible head aches and back pain. My ob said its best to take it on the onset of pain than to let it get worse.
    Mom to 2 healthy boys, and a baby girl in Heaven. Heard her heartbeat on 7/18, heartbeat was gone on 7/20. Miss you forever.
  • I take it whenever I need it!  In the last month I've been extremely sick with a sinus infection/bronchitis/ear infection/sore throat.  At it's worst I was taking it every 4-6 hours during my entire waking day.  It's safe and it kept me sane!

Don't feel bad taking it if you need it and it helps.

• It was very rare in earlier months, but now I take it a couple times a week because my pelvis hurts so bad when I walk sometimes! It's really hard to say if it helps.  I hate tylenol, and can't wait to be able to take advil again!!
  • imageMrs Castillo:

I take Tylenol Pm every night to help with the lower back pain, and lack of sleep. Earlier on I took regular tylenol a lot for the migraines. 

eta- I've taken the pm (2 a night) for the past 10wks. No issues with them at all.  Tylenol is completely safe, it's much better to take them when you need them than to just be in pain. 

I take the PM a couple times a week. My hips and back hurt so bad I can't get comfy to go to sleep. The tylenol pm helps some. I've been taking it about 2 months.

In my 2nd trimester  (pretty much the whole 12/14 weeks) I had such bad migranes, my doc prescribed me Tylenol 3 w/ Codine. I took 1 or 2 almost daily. Thankfully, the migranes went away in January/February and  I don't have to take it anymore.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • During my entire pregnancy with DS#1 I had to take a baby aspirin daily. So I am sure taking Tylenol is fine. But maybe only take it when you need it.
  • I took quite a few in the beginning of pregnancy due to migraines and such and had no problems. Now though it's been a while since I've taken anything because I have been feeling good finally.
  • I try not to. I think in the past month I've taken it twice but before that it was maybe twice in the whole pregnancy...
  • I have probably taken 6ish Tylenol throughout my whole pregnancy. I'd be nervous to take one everyday.

Married my love 10/18/08 | DS born 07/16/11 | MMC 01/16/13 at 11w6d | DD edd 04/27/14

• I'm on my second bottle this pregnancy. First trimester I was taking them everyday. Now I only take it when need for back pain. I think I read or was told that Tylenol doesn't pass through the placenta and that is why it is OK to take. Either way- I know it isn't harmful.

• i have taken Benadryl almost everyday since 12 weeks along, and tylenol a few times a week for the past couple of months.  My OB said take it when you need it!

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• It's Tylenol....not narcotics - knock yourself out.  I haven't been taking any recently for hip/back pain but only because I don't think it will actually help.

There's no award for not taking any pills while pregnant.  Good grief people!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"