Working Moms
Options

What's your method of child care? (Clicky)

Just curious what the division is around here!
[Poll]
 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: What's your method of child care? (Clicky)

• Options
    I chose SS.  We have a Nanny share in Nanny's home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a SS. I work about 17 hours a week, and since I can make my own hours my DH watches the kids for about 9 hours a week and my parents do about 8 hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I chose SS - we have a combo of grandma and DH flexing their schedule 3 days a week to care for LO at home and 2 days a week she goes to a nanny share in someone else's home
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I voted SS because I have my MIL watch Keira 3 days a week, my mom watch her one day a week and in home daycare one day a week.
  • Options
    I pay MIL to watch DS at her home
  • Options
    SS - 2 days at a daycare center, one day at home with MIL, one day at home with my dad and one day at my parent's (my parents are married but each wanted their own day)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have a combination. DH is a graduate student, so he works evenings/overnights and weekends and we have paid sitters 2 days a week, about 10 hours total.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I chose SS because part of the week she is with my aunt and the other part she is in a preschool program.  Every afternoon she is with my parents.
  • Options

From 5 months until 22 months, boys were with a nanny in our home.  Since 22 months, boys are in daycare 3 days per week and with grandmom for 2.

• Options
    I voted for a DC center. DS1 was at an in-home DC for 4 months before I moved him to the center and even though he was happy at the in-home DC, I prefer centers.
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • Options
    DH is a WFHD so the days I work he cares for the children.
  • Options
    I chose in home because that's what we used for the longest. Right now we have a SAHM friend who is watching him. I wouldn't call it an in home because she's not actually a childcare provider by profession but it's a very similar situation to what we had before with the in home. Over the summer I'll be home with him. In the fall we don't know what we'll do yet, then I have maternity leave in Dec and once we have 2 we hope to have a nanny share. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We pay a nanny for a full 40 hr week. I work 3 days a week, which are 11 hour days, and then she comes in on one of my days off to watch LO or she will clean the house for a higher hourly rate. She has been with us for one month, and so far it's been working out.  

• Options
    Nanny share in our share family's home.
  • Options
    I am self employed and go in three days a week, DH has the kids two of the days and one day we have an in home nanny.
  • Options
    my husband will have one day a week, my mom 3 days and a day care provider 1 day a week 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Options

It's a weird mix, split between in-home DCP, grandma and I work from home 2 days a week

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My DD is in a center but it's a private center not a chain like Kindercare or what not.  It is a non-profit.
  • Options
    DD is with a friend (who we pay) one day a week and with DH the other 4 days. DH works evenings/weekends to get in his 40+ hours.

• Options
    DH's mom watches DS - but she is also a DCP. 
  • Options
    DS is cared for by family 3 days a week and goes to an in-home daycare the other 2 days.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"