Parenting after 35
Options

If you're trying to lose weight...

Hi!  I don't know why I haven't been on this board much, but I'm 39 and DS just turned 1.  I'll be 40 in December and we are thinking about trying for #2, but not until I lose weight.  I'm totally healthy on paper (great bp, great cholesterol levels), but I need to lose a minimum of 60lbs before I even think about getting pregnant again.

If you're losing weight, what are you doing?

I've been exercising a little more, now that the weather is nicer, and I was doing better with food up until about his first birthday and Easter.... I've just lost the consistency.

I think about joining WW, but I haven't talked to DH about what we can afford.  I've heard mention of SparkPeople and just snagged a link for myfitnesspal - but I don't know anything about those websites yet.  So, I'm looking for suggestions.

TIA

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you're trying to lose weight...

• Options
    M.AmyM.Amy member

Welcome to the board!  I needed (and still do) to lose weight and I joined Weight Watchers.  I was totally anti-WW but my friends encouraged me and I have lost almost 25lbs in three months.  I do the monthly pass (online and meetings) but what I really use is the online part for tracking points.

If you are worried about expense then I suggest you use a free online food tracking/exercise site.  For me weight loss was about the types of foods I was eating and portion control.  Actually the number 1 thing was portion control.  I realized that a portion of mashed potatoes was not 1 1/2 cups! :)

• Options
    ww - am really enjoying it and have lost 15 lbs since Jan.  i can eat and live this way.  i still need to pick it up in the exercise world though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been doing WW and love it.  I can splurge on some things I really want during the week and never feel hungry.  I feel great.  I have lost 17 lbs since January (with two vacations and some not so great eating days in there).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use SparkPeople. It's a nice community, with lot's of good information and fun challenges. Also it's free. If you decide to sign up you can look me up, my member name is YaraC211
  • Options
    I have lost 72 lbs since last August through the HMR weight loss program.  While it is spendy, I have tried all the other programs and this one worked the absolute best and was the easiest for me.  I can even continue to go while pregnant, just switching from weight loss to weight maintenence.  I don't know if it is offered in your community, but it is usually sponsored through a local hospital or clinic.  It has changed my life and my health in ways I never thought possible...and given me the chance to have another baby after 9 years of praying and hoping for one.  My best advice?  Find a program that you like and you will stick to...made all the difference for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"