Health & Exercise
Options

recommend your favorite prenatal workout DVD

I have been on amazon and I feel like my eyes are going buggy. I want to find something that is about 20 minutes long and then possibly with a cool down or something. I'm not in great shape, but want to do something with low impact on my knees that doesn't take an hour.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

happy days are here to stay Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: recommend your favorite prenatal workout DVD

• Options

My favorite is the Summer Sanders prenatal dvd. It has a workout per trimester. There is a full (45min) workout and express (30min) workout. I think it would be nice for you because IMO it's not that strenuous and definitely low impact.

I have a prenatal yoga dvd from Shiva Rea and I think it sucks - too long and makes me sleepy. I also had the 2nd trimester dvd by Lindsey Brin. It was ok but I ended up liking Summer Sanders better. 

BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. I may have to check out the Summer Sanders DVD.
    IAmPregnant Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I also really liked the Summer Sanders DVD.  Another DVD that I really liked was Yoga Booty Ballet, Baby on the Way.  I always felt really good when I was done.  There was stretching, yoga, low impact aerobics and light weight lifting.  It is about 30 minutes long.

Gabrielle Reece has a DVD that has a 20 minute workout for each month of your pregnancy. 

• Options

Element: Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga- Elena Brower. 30 minutes prenatal yoga practice.
    Yoga for your Pregnancy-Co-created by Lamaze and Yoga Journal.Prenatal yoga 31 minutes, relax 17 minutes.
    Crunch Yoga Mama-Sue Elkind. 40 Minute prenatal yoga practice. (my favorite)
    Prenatal Yoga- Shiva Rea. 60 minute prenatal yoga DVD.
    Denise Austin: Fit & Firm Pregnancy-20 minute cardio, 20 minute toning.
    Summer Sander's Prenatal Workout- Divided into 3 trimesters. Each workout uses the identical format: an extended warm-up, a mix of varied (mostly standing) exercises and a long, soothing stretch. About 40 minutes. (loved this one too)

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • Options
    10 minute solutions prenatal pilates - you can do it from 10-50 minutes, depending on your time schedule.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"