3rd Trimester

people are scary

some of these parents are just holding there 2 or three week newborns and walking around in the store without a carrier anywhere around that scares me. I just came back from the store to get some oreos and its 11 o clock and this young girl has her new baby out still wrapped in the hospital blanket and no carseat! im sorry arent they scared that the baby will fall anybody can accidently push u or make ur drop the baby.  a baby carrier is not that heavy i just wish people will just use them instead of just toting around their newborn like a puppy
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: people are scary

• Depending on the size of the newborn, not all carriers are really good for newborns.  The most support for them is being held. 

I carried my daughter when she was a few weeks old and had no issues.  In the carriers their heads move a LOT when first born- they are so small for them!

I have to say carrying your newborn seems to be the safest option to me.  I trust myself to be able to hold my daughter or son especially in some place like the grocery store.  It isn't like that is the hustle and bustle of a NYC subway station.

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • IMO carseats are for the car.
    D13 June Siggy Challenge Awkward (Awesome) Bathing Suits
    photo d5230f4f-07cc-4b75-b11c-da060b42a66d.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehckygrl909:
    IMO carseats are for the car.

This. Plus, I'm only 5'2. It is so freaking difficult to carry a car seat, and if they had put the car seats in the basket, I'm sure someone would have complained about how that isn't safe either.

People need to relax and let other people raise their own children. Unless they are putting them in serious danger (no car seat in a car)... 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I always carried DS around also. IMO Carseats on top of grocery carts are even more scary. Once someone bumped into our cart and DS's carseat fell sideways into the cart. I never did that again!

You might change your mind when you hold LO. . . I always felt like the safest place for him is right in my arms.

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • maybe a baby sling thing would be more appropriate. But, Im sure those women have the car seat in the car. The hospital wont release baby unless they do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I guess someone could push you and make you drop a car seat too, but I can't remember the last time I was pushed so hard that I dropped something.  If she was holding the baby, I don't see a problem with it.  Now, I might side-eye if she threw the newborn in a shopping cart at that age =P
  • Wow, Judgy Judgerson!

I don't think I've ever heard anyone speak about the dangers of carrying your baby in your arms.  That's just weird.  I'm sure the baby is more comfy in the mommy's arms.  Also, babies that young aren't on a schedule yet at all so I don't see a problem with having it out late at night.  And as for the hospital blanket, we used ours for months after coming home from the hospital.  Just because they had that blanket with them doesn't mean they just left the hospital.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Really?  I hate carrying the carrier.  I will hold the baby when ever possible. 
  • I'd possibly side eye people out shopping with a newborn at 11pm, however, I probably wouldn't even do that because I'd assume they were just making an emergency trip for something they needed or whatever.

I can't think of a reason to judge someone who is holding their newborn baby and walking around with them.........weird.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This post kind of blows my mind actually.  Car seat manuals say in them NOT to use car seats on shopping carts or what have you.  Babies are actually more unstable in those than in a mother's arms.  Someone can bump a cart even easier and tip the car seat.  Not to mention it's better for babies to be held than just strapped in a plastic carrier all the time.    
  • Just a guess, you're pregnant with your first, right? lol I'm just teasing you a bit. Once you have your baby you'll find they aren't THAT delicate. It's definitely okay to carry your baby around in your arms. Smile
  • I agree with the pps.  I fail to see the issue.
  • I fail to see how carrying their child in their arms is "toting around their newborn like a puppy." It's a baby- you carry it. What is the issue? Maybe you'll find some karma for your judging when your baby comes and screams unless she's being held 24/7.
    Cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, breast-feeding, C-section Mama Photobucket
  • This made me laugh really hard.
  • I wonder what people did before carseats and such... they must have carried their baby in their arms! lol My shopping cart gets bumped in the grocery store wayyy more than I physically do.. I would definitely feel more comfortable holding my newborn.
  • I wouldn't even side eye anyone out with a 2-3 week old at 11pm.  Babies don't care what time it is, and that is possibly the only time of the day that they aren't fussy.  Or maybe it's the time of the day that they are fussy, and a walk around the mall calms them down. 
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • Someone holding their own baby in a store isn't scary. Your grammar and punctuation on the other hand...

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • To say you're a moron is to put it kindly.

• imageSouthSideDrea:
    You are kind of dumb.

Now I have root beer all over my laptop. Great. 

✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • I agree with PP. Car Seats are for the CAR.  Those infant carriers are so bulky and I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I constantly get slammed into at public places by these things..let me tell you, not fun.  We plan on putting our LO in a sling..seems much less intrusive and we can keep her close.
    imageimageimage
    The Kids (from left) Hugo, Siberian Husky, Claire at 3 wks, Human, Roman, Siberian Husky
    Proud US Navy and Law Enforcement WIFE!
    BFP 10.29.10-Norah Claire born 07.03.11

• imageVIKING1208:

imageSouthSideDrea:
    You are kind of dumb.

Now I have root beer all over my laptop. Great. 

• kewltifkewltif member
    This thread got me thinking, what do you do with LO when you go food shopping? I won't take her as a newborn, but I'm sure we'll be hitting up the store before she's old enough to sit up. Do you just put the baby carrier in the basket? I would think it would be tough for me to hold her in my arm and try to grab items off the shelf, price check, etc.
  • imagekewltif:
    This thread got me thinking, what do you do with LO when you go food shopping? I won't take her as a newborn, but I'm sure we'll be hitting up the store before she's old enough to sit up. Do you just put the baby carrier in the basket? I would think it would be tough for me to hold her in my arm and try to grab items off the shelf, price check, etc.

If I remember correctly, the carseat carrier fits nicely on top of the little seat area of the cart.

• There's been a lot of people warning against that lately, I guess it isn't that safe. I did that with my other kids but I'm thinking I'll use a carrier or wrap while shopping this time around.

If you do use the car seat make sure it latches on to the cart. Some brands don't.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"