Multiples

CD MoMs: outside the house

Do you use CDs when running around outside the house (shopping, vacations, doctor appointments, etc.)?

We have mostly been using disposables for the first few months.  Now that the girls are getting bigger and we are starting to get the hang of things around here (for now), I'd like to use our CDs more often. My only hangup is leaving the house. I just don't know that I want to drag a wetbag around when I'm already taking a lot of stuff. The disposables have been so easy since we can just toss them in the trash. Our original plan was to use CDs at home and use disposables outside of the house.  That said, I'm willing to give it a try and see how it goes.

Thoughts? Advice?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: CD MoMs: outside the house

• Yes. We CD all the time, we don't keep disposables in the house because I would be lazy and use them.

I have a small wetbag that I take with us and keep in the diaper bag with everything else. I use it to put their clothes in if they spit up all over themselves.

I always change them before we leave the house and I usually don't even need to change them unless I'm gone for longer than a few hours or if they poop.

HTH!

Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just use a wetbag.  I do get disposable wipes, though, because it's a PITA to keep cloth wipes wet.  I find it easier to put a dirty CD in a wetbag than to find a trash for a poopy diaper. You just don't leave that in someone's kitchen, KWIM?
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh and we use cloth wipes and just bring those and a fingertip spray bottle with wipes solution in it. Works great.

Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use them outside too and just bring a wet bag. For a while I had a little spray bottle but at some point lost it. Now I either wet the wipe in the sink or I am embarrassed to say, I will use water from the boys sippies. I also keep a little thing of disposable wipes just in case, but they rarely get used. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use CDs out and about, along with cloth wipes.  I always carry a bottle of water for myself to drink, so I just use that to wet the wipes as needed.  The wet bag doesn't take up much space in the diaper bag.

There are places that require you to take soiled diapers with you when you go anyways (our pedi's office and my OB's office both require this), so CDs aren't any big deal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I usually CD when out and about, but not at the pedi's. I don't know why, I just don't. I think it's because he always has to unfasten the diaper and he refastens it after and I don't want to deal with a CD and snappi! We do sposable wipes from Sam's club which are great, but at home use the cloth wipes. Yes, the wetbag is great for on the go and I just empty when home. As mentioned above, it doesn't really take up too much room and it sure beats coming out of a room with a stinky diaper at a house! lol :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"