1st Trimester
Options

ectopic? extreme dizziness...

this dizzy feeling almost makes me feel like i might lose consciousness. lately i've had dizzy spells but nothing like tonight. anyone else experience this and been okay?  this is my 2nd pregnancy...   had a sonogram today but apparently it's too early to see a sac.  i'm worried it may be ectopic...   will know more in a few weeks. 

Re: ectopic? extreme dizziness...

• Options

I get that when I stand up too fast. It happened to me this morning when I sprung out of bed and I had to get back in bed for a few minutes and then get up slowly....

T &P that your next u/s shows everything normal

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    I was sitting in bed tho and had been in bed for at least an hour.  I never had it with my first pregnancy.  It seems like my pregnancy symptoms get worse at night when I'm in relax mode.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get it from low blood pressure when I'm pg.  I passed out at work a few times during my first pregnancy. I have only felt faint once this time.  I find if I keep myself well hydrated it is not an issue.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    if you start to have any pain then go to the ER, I would hate for you to lose your fallopian tube.
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    I am a Sonographer...if you had an ectopic- it would have been seen. There are signs to an ectopic that do not go missed on ultrasound. Also, the #1 symptom is extreme pain! Good to be cautious- but don't worry too much :-)
  • Options
    The dizziness is not necessarily because of an ectopic. I've been struggling with dizziness throughout my pregnancy, and my doctor said it could be a number of things. Your blood pressure changes during pregnancy; your thyroid can act up; dehydration can make you dizzy; you could have low iron or anemia; or even something heart related can flare up during pregnancy. If it's bad enough that you feel like you might faint, talk it over with your doctor, they're the only person who can really help you figure out what's going on.
  • Options

imagenicolems123:
    I am a Sonographer...if you had an ectopic- it would have been seen. There are signs to an ectopic that do not go missed on ultrasound. Also, the #1 symptom is extreme pain! Good to be cautious- but don't worry too much :-)

I'm a Sonographer too!  Its fun to be a pregnant Sonographer...good perks of the job. I got some great 3D images, I'm gettting really good at scanning myself. Now my cowokers want to practice 3D on me Smile

• Options

I was so dizzy at work Friday morning that I had to go home.  I called my dr. because I was just there for my first u/s the day before and everything was fine.  She said I was probably dehydrated, to take time standing up and rest this weekend.  Friday afternoon it got better, then Friday night it for worse again.

I've been drinking Gatorade and water and it seems to help.  Hope you feel better soon!

Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010
  • Options
    I have been feeling dizzy off an on too!!  It's kinda been making me nervous as well and I am so early yet and haven't even had my 1st ultrasound and the thought of an ectopic has been in the back of my mind.  I haven't had pain though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just curious, did you decide to keep the baby?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"