Success after IF

When did you switch to 2% milk?

I keep forgetting to ask our pediatrician. I know my friend's pedi told them to switch from whole to 2% at age 2.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you switch to 2% milk?

• I want to say 2 also. Because Izzy is not a good eater I still give her whole. If she gets 1% or 2% sometimes I don't worry about it.
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I started out with 2% at age one. Never was told different and that's what I already bought. :-)
    Wife for 6 years. Mommy to Reese, 3, after IVF. IUI #1 5/07 = BFN. IVF #1 7/07 = BFP (Reese :-)) FET #1 7/10 = BFN. FET #2 4/11 = BFN. IUI #2 9/11 = BFN. IUI #3 (with donor sperm) 11/11 = BFN. IVF with DE 5/12 = BFP! Beta #1 = 222. Beta #2 = 613. First u/s 6/9 due to bleeding and cramping = saw one beautiful baby! EED 2/3/13 M/C on 6/12/12 at 6 weeks. At a crossroads with our next steps... Read about my journey at: www.clayandjobeth.blogspot.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Two.  The pedi told us that if she continues to eat poorly that we can switch back to whole. 
  • The twins turned 2 in November and my ped told me to keep them on whole milk because Jordana is very tiny and can be picky sometimes and Preston doesn't drink that much milk anyway. She also said since Brady needed whole milk there was no reason for me to buy another kind of milk since they are so close in age. She did say normally at about 2 years old she says to switch to 2%

• I've always heard 2.  Now we haven't been to our 2 year old check up yet, and my pedi doesn't always mention stuff like that so I'm not sure what she'd say, if anything.  I've kept Mark on whole because he's not very big.  His arms and legs are pretty slim, he's an active kid and we eat pretty healthy so I feel like he could use the fat from whole milk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • My kids still drink soy milk, but at our 2 year check up with Brady she told us that we could use 2% (and told us we could use the low fat soy if we wanted). If he is eating a healthy diet, I would think it is fine to switch him now.

Just one thing to keep in mind though, pretty soon Ben will be drinking milk and do you want to buy 2 (or possibly 3, if you drink skim) different milks? We kept Brady on the full fat soy so that we wouldnt have to buy two different soy milks plus our milk.

• imageMr.&MrsS:

Just one thing to keep in mind though, pretty soon Ben will be drinking milk and do you want to buy 2 (or possibly 3, if you drink skim) different milks? We kept Brady on the full fat soy so that we wouldnt have to buy two different soy milks plus our milk.

This is a very good point. Also, James does not really eat a very healthy diet. He has his short list of things he will eat. So maybe we should stick with whole a while longer. Thanks!

• Ooh I need to ask.  I thought we had to do whole for awhile.  We mainly get 2% though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"