Austin Babies
Options

what, no wedding talk?

I might be missing it, in my cold medicated foggy headedness, but am I the first to talk about it?  So I'm just going to talk about it.

I LOVED her dress- so timeless and classy.  Love the lace.  And OH!  The Tiara!  SO pretty!  I'm a firm believer only a true princess should wear a tiara and I loved hers.

And the choir nerd in me absolutely loved the music. 

The End.

Re: what, no wedding talk?

• Options

I was waiting for someone to post.  So many of the teachers I work with were like "who cares" or "it's just a wedding"  Well I love weddings!

I also loved the dress, reminds me of Grace Kelly's wedding dress.  PERFECT!  I loved the halo tiara as well, they said it was the Queen Mother's it was beautiful.  A lot of people are saying they don't like that her sister wore white as well, but I think it made everything look very regal and clean and fresh.

The music was great! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Its like an unofficial Princess day on Nickelodeon.  They had the Dora princess episode, the Grumpy Troll gets married and now Max and Ruby is a prince and princess story.

It cracks me up that they're keeping the theme for the day :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsRosie:

Who asked that kid to be in the wedding?

Hahaha, Awesome.

We were up and I was not going to watch it. Then I got all weird and thought, "What if Olivia grows up and is sad she didn't watch "The Royal Wedding?" So we watched it. I woke up DH and he made funny commentary, and Olivia got to watch TV. So now, I can tell her she watched in case she ever expresses desire to have watched it. In case she's ... not like me.

The dress was very pretty. Very.

And I love hats.

• Options
    I thought she looked beautiful, but I was disappointed in the dress.  Too similar to Grace Kelly and I was just hoping for something more contemporary/bold.  Not crazy, but something that made more of a statement.  Loved the tiara and how happy and more relaxed they seemed once the ceremony was over.
  • Options
    imagebrideonjuly8:

I LOVED her dress- so timeless and classy.  Love the lace.  And OH!  The Tiara!  SO pretty!  I'm a firm believer only a true princess should wear a tiara and I loved hers.

Ditto. Loved it...although I did think it was odd that her um, nips were poking through. But otherwise, love it. I think she was meant to be a princess.

• Options

I thought it was beautiful. She looked lovely and the dress was gorgeous on her.  I think it fit her personality and taste. And I liked the tiara and that she wore her hair down.  

I loved her sister's dress. I thought it was beautiful.  And I have for years and years wanted to go to a British wedding just to have an excuse to wear a fabulous, crazy hat! 

• Options

Nope, I think you were the first!  I cried.  Kate looked so beautiful and I love that William told her so. It was all-around lovely.

I totally sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" with one of the hymns.  Um, yeah, pretty sure those weren't the words they were singing but I have to keep my kiddo entertained somehow!

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageMrsRosie:
    Oh, and Fergie/Andrew's daughters = barf.

Um, yeah.  They won the "Best Dr. Seuss Hats" award.

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsRosie:
    imagethethomps:

I totally sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" with one of the hymns.  Um, yeah, pretty sure those weren't the words they were singing but I have to keep my kiddo entertained somehow!

It's God Save the Queen.

Oops.  Thethomps = wedding song fail.  Good thing I wasn't there in the crowd singing that!  ;)

• Options

I haven't watched yet, just looked at pictures and have to ask why, in the name of all that is holy, is Prince Harry dating this skank?

• Options

That little bridesmaid makes me feel nervous.  Or afraid.  Or just .... weird.

And dear GOD, yes, about Harry's girlfriend!  WTF?  Come on, Harry, you're HAWT!  Do something with it.  My sister's single.  Call her.  I'm the next Pippa!

Loved the dress, love Kate, love that my kids napped long enough for me to watch this finally.  And now, I want them pregnant.  NOW. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Umm...did anyone else see Camilla's Michael Jackson moment when she picked up weird little bridesmaid and held her juuuuuust a little to close to the edge to make me (or Wills) comfortable???
  • Options
    imagetxbabs111:

I haven't watched yet, just looked at pictures and have to ask why, in the name of all that is holy, is Prince Harry dating this skank?

I know, right?! Is this some kind of snub to the royal family that we don't know about? Cause she has British WT written all over her.

• Options
    imagemlf625:

And now, I want them pregnant.  NOW. 

Heck yes! Royal baby is way more exciting than royal wedding.

• Options

imagemcurban:
    Umm...did anyone else see Camilla's Michael Jackson moment when she picked up weird little bridesmaid and held her juuuuuust a little to close to the edge to make me (or Wills) comfortable???

Hahaha, yes. My husband said it looked like she was trying to throw her over, and the little girl was fighting back with her legs.

• Options

imagemcurban:

Cliche as it may be to say, this actually DID make Diet Coke come out of my nose a little bit.  I KNOW!  I was like "NOOOOOOOO!  DON'T DO IT!!!!  She'll grow into her looks!"

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It made me laugh b/c William was all subtle about it, but you know he was saying, "Dammmmnit, Camilla, you stupid hooker! Get that kid AWAY from the ledge!"
  • Options

imagemcurban:
    It made me laugh b/c William was all subtle about it, but you know he was saying, "Dammmmnit, Camilla, you stupid hooker! Get that kid AWAY from the ledge!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I haven't watched much coverage yet... but initial thoughts:

Initially disappointed in the dress but then after reading about it more I think she made a great choice.  Love that the UK was represented in the lace and it was so classic.  If she had worn her hair up it would have been perfect, I think.

I need a hat or fascinator to wear to a wedding in Scotland this summer.  I'll post pics of my dress soon so you guys can help me pick one.

So Wills got the Duke title after all.  Extra titles are great and all I guess but it still seems like a downgrade from a Prince.

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Options
    imageAustinBride06:

Initially disappointed in the dress but then after reading about it more I think she made a great choice.  Love that the UK was represented in the lace and it was so classic.  If she had worn her hair up it would have been perfect, I think.

ditto, but then I thought - well, she can't exactly go with something too crazy for fear of making the queen clutch her pearls.   ETA:  did you see her 2nd dress?  very pretty!  but wouldn't have been appropriate for the ceremony:

https://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/William-and-Kate-Wedding-Celebration/ss/events/royals/042911royalparty;_ylt=AuNH.j6F4DyUb00aw_X3JasZEtl_;_ylu=X3oDMTE3OW44Nm4xBHBvcwMyMwRzZWMDeW5fZmVhdHVyZWQEc2xrA3NsaWRlc2hvd19saQ--#photoViewer=/110429/ids_photos_wl/r792915862.jpg 

oh, and hello?  yes, you david beckham - you clean up very nicely.   yum.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSaraLouiseBride08:
    imageMrsRosie:

Who asked that kid to be in the wedding?

Hahaha, Awesome.

We were up and I was not going to watch it. Then I got all weird and thought, "What if Olivia grows up and is sad she didn't watch "The Royal Wedding?" So we watched it. I woke up DH and he made funny commentary, and Olivia got to watch TV. So now, I can tell her she watched in case she ever expresses desire to have watched it. In case she's ... not like me.

The dress was very pretty. Very.

And I love hats.

So it was like Master Pancake theatre?  Somebody should have opened up a breakfast delivery thing for this morning because I'm sure a lot of people could have used some pancakes and coffee in bed.  

Anyhooo...I didn't watch it and i didn't dvr it.  *GASP*  but looking at pictures she was a very lovely bride.  She seemed so calm.  Honestly I don't know if I could watch the wedding knowing that Princess Di wasn't there.  The thought that she wasn't there for this just breaks my heart despite how happy the newlyweds are.  Must be the weepy mommy in me these days.  I hope they have a very happy life together.

• Options
    imageAustinBride06:

So Wills got the Duke title after all.  Extra titles are great and all I guess but it still seems like a downgrade from a Prince.

That's what I was thinking. Was the title a downgrade or an upgrade? Anyone here know and want to explain?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"