August 2011 Moms
Options

Please help me decorate this wall...

I am really trying to avoid buying a new dresser for the nursery. The one in the pictures is what was already in there when it was DD's nursery. Anyway, we've rearranged the room a bit and I really like it this way, except for the wall the dresser is on. If I center it on the wall we can't open the closet door, so it's pushed over just a bit. DH says it looks fine, but I'm just not sure. Does this look just awful, or can something creative be done on the wall to off set the awkwardness of the dresser not being centered? I do have a smaller dresser/changer picked out if I just can't make this work. Any help is truly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Please help me decorate this wall...

• Options
    I understand - my DH would say the same thing, and it would bug the crap out of me.  I like things centered.  :)  My first thought, though, was maybe some sort of a valance and one panel hanging on the right side of the window.  Then I'd hang some art work, centered over the lower part of the dresser.  I'm not sure if that would solve the problem or not, but it's just an idea.
  • Options
    I would hang a curtain and see if that helps but that would definitely bug me. Like my mom has told me most guys should be left out when it comes to rearranging and decorating. lol You could also try a shelf or mirror or something on the wall to draw the attention away from the dresser. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're definitely hanging curtains on the window, hopefully that will help. My SIL is making me a mobile, similar to this one https://www.etsy.com/listing/64068040/pretty-baby-butterfly-mobile-great-for, and I was thinking of hanging that from the ceiling towards the left of the dressser, thought maybe that would balance it a bit. Thoughts?
  • Options

I think you just need a shelf or some art work centered above it, and it will look better. I still think that you could have to mobile hanging from the ceiling.

I also agree with PP that you should hang a panel, but have it swept to the right side of the window. Sort of like this...

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageamdraza:

I think you just need a shelf or some art work centered above it, and it will look better. I still think that you could have to mobile hanging from the ceiling.

I also agree with PP that you should hang a panel, but have it swept to the right side of the window. Sort of like this...

Yep - exactly what I was picturing. 

• Options
    this might be stupid but would be possible to remove the closet doors and put up curtains in the closet door to cover the stuff in the closet, you could get it to match the curtains in the window. That way you could center the dresser and not have to worry about the door?
  • Options

Have you thought about removing the closet door and using a curtain instead? Then you would be able to center the dresser on the wall and not worry about the closet door. Our nursery is very small, and that's what we ended up doing just to save the space the closet door took up. I like the way it turned out! 

ETA: Sorry I just noticed the PP said the exact same thing! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    gbtc01gbtc01 member

You could always do a mural of some kind. I am thinking a tree in my head.

Have the truck start along the bottom of the wall near the closet and come up along the dresser and branch out. That way it would look a bit more purposeful to have it set that way. Then do the curtain swept to the right side. I think between those 2 things it would be more difficult to see that the dresser sits part-way into the window.

GL

• Options
    those are all great suggestions...thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"