December 2011 Moms
Options

2nd+ time moms, when did you tell your children?

DH and I have been debating about when to tell our daughter she is going to be a big sister!  She is getting concerned about me being "sick" all the time and I'm finding it tough keeping this information from her.  DH and I think we should wait until around 10-12 weeks to tell her.  What did/are you planning to do?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image

Re: 2nd+ time moms, when did you tell your children?

• Options
    Well, we haven't really told ds yet but that is mainly for the fact that he is 2 and a child that age has no concept of time so he wouldn't understand.  We'll probably really sit down and have a talk around 7 months, or if he starts saying something about my belly.  If he were older, like your daughter, I probably would have told him by now.  Especially if he was concerned about me getting sick a lot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would tell my children right away.  I knew right away when my mother was pregnant with my brother (before she did, I guessed it!).  Even if there's a loss, she'll have to know why you were sick.  Not knowing makes children more afraid and they can usually sense lies.
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

well mine aren't old enough retain the info yet. I will probably start talking about "baby" after the 1st tri. 

I have asked DD#1 if she wants another sister or a brother. She said yes a brother :) Then I asked her what his name is....she looked around her room said "um...." (saw barbie and ken on the floor) and said "Ken!" LMAO!! I almost peed my pants :)

I have not officially told her I'm having another baby though. 

• Options
    We told DD pretty early.  We've been running the idea of a little brother or sister by her for a while (she has requested a sister).  Obviously it's a really long time from now in her terms, but she always talks about her birthday like it's next week and yet seems to be okay with the fact that it keeps on not happening, so I figure she can deal with the indefinitely delayed gratification of a younger sibling too.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options

I'm still not sure about this either. I'm going to be a first time mom, but my husband has a daughter from a past relationship when he was 19. She is 7 years old and does not live with us but we get her every other weekend at this time.

He's talked to her about us having kids one day, and he said she was really happy about the idea. MIL said I should tell her in the summer when I start showing and explain that I'm not 'fat' just carrying a new sibling for her. Because she is so much older, I'm thinking we'll just let her know after first tri. She has a little sister already through her mom and her new husband.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

He was in the bathroom when the pregnancy stick was developing and so we told him right away, but he's 20 months and could care less.

I we should decide to have a third someday, I think we would tell them right away anyways.

imageimage

• Options
    we cant tell the boys until we are ready to tell the grandparents (they are both old enough to understand so they would blab immediately). However with the morning sickness I have been experiencing, it seems the news will be out sooner rather than later.
  • Options

DS is 18 months and we've already told him :)

Obviously, he has not concept of what is really going on.  But he is very aggressive in his play (he likes to wrestle, jump on us, etc) and so I wanted to teach him early on that he needed to be careful around my belly so that when my belly gets bigger he hopefully gets it by then.  So I told him "there's a baby in mommy's belly, you need to be gentle."  And he points to my belly and sometimes he says "baby", and then he always gives my belly a kiss.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We told our older daughter last week. She promised to keep it a secret, but then I heard her telling her friends I was pregnant. No big deal, just funny that she is so excited. She also told her teacher. LOL. If you don't want the world to know, then don't tell her yet. Otherwise, I think it's an exciting time and she will want to know!
  • Options

I haven't told my DD yet! She is 7 and a definate blabbermouth! I had a loss back in August that nobody knows about. We are waiting until June. I am overweight so I can hide it easily! And I havent been sick so FX we can keep the secret!

I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • Options
    Haha, we have been talking about how DD is going to be a big sister, but given that she is not even 2, I don't think she has any idea what that means. We have had a few close friends with children DD's age have babies in the last few months, and she loves talking about her friends "babies" and is really gentle with them. We just tell her that she will be getting a new baby soon, and leave it at that. 

Will baby #3 be another girl?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

]

• Options

DD is still too young to understand, she'll be 2 in August. Once we let everyone know, we'll start telling her that there's a baby growing in my belly and that she'll be the big sister. H actually started telling her the other day, but I was afraid she'd lift my shirt and say baby while we were somewhere with people who didn't know yet.

• Options
    The short and sweet answer to this question is WHEN YOU ARE PREPARED FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW. If your child is old enough to talk, they are old enough to share your secret. We have 3 boys, all who can talk, and we are not telling them until we are prepared for those few we are waiting to tell (dreading) know. Then our boys can have at it with telling whom ever they want!
  • Options
    DS is to young to understand. But I did Show him and H my pee stick when it came up positive. H was excited, DS started crying. It was a great moment.
  • Options
    W told DS around 7 weeks, he is almost 4.  He is very excited. We made sure to NOT say the word secret because then it would of got out.  Either way we told families at 8 weeks and they were all so excited to ask DS if he was excited and if he wanted a sister or brother,  He of course wants a brother and to name it COLE, just like him. :>

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
     AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options

I have two sons (12 and 2.5 years) and a step daughter (8 years) that lives primarily with her mother in another state.  We found out we were pregnant around 5 and told the boys the next day.  We are waiting until June when my step daughter comes home for the summer so we can tell her in person.  My youngest son hasn't really said anything to anyone yet.  He's kind of shy anyway.  But, he has some sort of understanding.  He knows there's a baby in my tummy and it's really little but when it gets big enough it will come out.  The other day I was going to the bathroom and I told him "Having a baby in my tummy makes Mommy have to pee a lot!"  He responded, "Don't flush the baby!"

When I was pregnant with my last son we got our BFP while my step daughter was home with us for Christmas vacation so we told them the same day we took the test.

? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD isn't quite 2yo yet and it's so, so very early for this pregnancy. We will probably start telling her there is a baby coming when I start to show. 
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options
    ArinBArinB member
    I told my daughter at 5 weeks. She has been asking questions ever since, i should have waited until the delivery room. LOL
  • Options
    lvisserlvisser member

They both know, and knew right away...

Rylee is very excited and loves to look at the U/S pic we have... Kai is clueless... haha

Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"