Pregnant after a Loss

SAHM FB status vent

OK so I have this one friend from college who is now a SAHM to her 18 mo. old and newborn (they seem to do everything in a rush.  In the time between my enagement and wedding--10 months--they met, got engaged and got married 2 months before I did).  Anyway her FB status is always something about her kids told in some romantic fashion (IE Princess Fiona and Prince Liam went for a lovely outing to the village park today)  OR about their poop messes. 

Here's today's for example:

Reasons I hate poop:
1) it stinks
2) it is gross
3) it is filthy
4) it is ugly<-- well, think about it! ever seen a pretty piece of poop?
5) i am tired of having to clean it
6) it refuses to stay contained in my children's diapers
7) I am doomed to talk about it more the older I get

I don't know why it annoys me so much.  Anyone else have friends who only post about their kids and poop?

Re: SAHM FB status vent

• Lol that seems a bit excessive of her and annoying.
    ?DD 9/17/10 22wks I carry you in my heart.?
    bfp#2 2/14/11? cerclage placed at 13 weeks
    ?DS 9/29/11 36 wks 3 days 8lb 20 1/4" ?
    bfp#3 12/15/12 CP 12/27/12
    bfp#4 2/25/13
    beta#1 51 beta#2 163 beta#3 1,370
  • Someone from TTCAL had a "friend" just like the one you are describing who posted a pic of their child's poop!  I don't know what was significant about it, first poop in the potty maybe, but certainly NOT necessary/desireable to share with anyone! Indifferent

I can see how you would be annoyed!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • This woman needs to get a hobby STAT. 

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I think if I saw her post stuff like that on a regular basis it would bug me... but that one post I find funny and I fully agree with it! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Blinkies, Glitter Graphics & more" BFP #1 12/26/06 DS born 08/08/07 BFP #2 12/16/10 EDD 08/23/11 Missed M/C ~7weeks D&C 02/04/11 BFP #3 3/11/11 4/1/10 heard HB 149!!! EDD is 11/17/11
  • Barf.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • You'll be surprised how your LO's poop will play a huge role in your life! All you will worry about is their poop....

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagepigtails1031:

You'll be surprised how your LO's poop will play a huge role in your life! All you will worry about is their poop....

Lol.  This is true.  Anyone with kids will end up with a majority of their posts about their kids.  That doesn't annoy me.  Maybe it would if I didn't have kids, but I would suck it up because that would be my issue.  As a whole though, I am annoyed by any serial fb status changer that thinks we want to know about every minute detail in their lives (doesn't matter if it is about kids, wedding, pg, pets, dinner, if you change your status 5 times per day, you are probably on my blocked list).
    Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • I get annoyed by the child-focused only status updates.....meaning that every single status update is child related for months on end.  I don't need to know about your breastfeeding, diaper woes, pediatrician appts 24/7.  For some people it is like they cease to exist as an individual once they have a child.  I obviously say all this being a non-parent yet, but I already told my DH I am going to make a conscious effort to still be ME after LO is born.  Yes LO is the center of OUR universes, but she is not the center of the universe for any else.  My friends don't want to hear only baby related conversations for me, and I don't want to have only baby related conversations.  I still have my individual likes, hobbies, interests etc. 
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • While it's true that poop is a big topic of discussion when you have a kid (goodness knows I've had enough conversations about poop with other moms), I wouldn't put any poop discussion in a FB status. My pet peeve is boring FB statuses, no matter the topic. A lot of my status updates are about DD, but they're not about what she ate or how long her nap was, that's just boring.
  • My SIL is a SAHM and only posts about her kids in a negative fashion. Nothing about poop, but more like...

"Is it bedtime yet?"

"They are so bad I just can't take it."

"I need a drink after dealing with the kids today!"

"Is it nap time yet?"

"Why do they have another day off school!"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh man, that is just plain gross.  Ewwwww
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well since you brought it up, I can't help but say that her posts will be way more relevant sooner then you think Wink

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• imagePrincessDi80:
    I get annoyed by the child-focused only status updates.....meaning that every single status update is child related for months on end.  I don't need to know about your breastfeeding, diaper woes, pediatrician appts 24/7.  For some people it is like they cease to exist as an individual once they have a child.  I obviously say all this being a non-parent yet, but I already told my DH I am going to make a conscious effort to still be ME after LO is born.  Yes LO is the center of OUR universes, but she is not the center of the universe for any else.  My friends don't want to hear only baby related conversations for me, and I don't want to have only baby related conversations.  I still have my individual likes, hobbies, interests etc. 

Yes!

I have a bunch of friends like this who aren't parents yet, but as soon as they got married, it turned from "status update about what's going on in MY life" to "status update about my husband".

Have some independence, people!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• While I find the post annoying, I have to ask..why you had to specify that she's a SAHM? That detail seems irrelevant, to me. Unless you're suggesting that because she chooses to SAH with her kiddos that she somehow should be more tolerant to the not-so-nice aspects of parenthood...?
  • imageHadleyS:

Someone from TTCAL had a "friend" just like the one you are describing who posted a pic of their child's poop!  I don't know what was significant about it, first poop in the potty maybe, but certainly NOT necessary/desireable to share with anyone! Indifferent

I can see how you would be annoyed!

Wow...just wow!

• imagePrincessDi80:
    I get annoyed by the child-focused only status updates.....meaning that every single status update is child related for months on end.  I don't need to know about your breastfeeding, diaper woes, pediatrician appts 24/7.  For some people it is like they cease to exist as an individual once they have a child.  I obviously say all this being a non-parent yet, but I already told my DH I am going to make a conscious effort to still be ME after LO is born.  Yes LO is the center of OUR universes, but she is not the center of the universe for any else.  My friends don't want to hear only baby related conversations for me, and I don't want to have only baby related conversations.  I still have my individual likes, hobbies, interests etc. 

That is what bugs me most.  She was an interesting person, artsy and creative...since her son was born every.single.status. has been about him and now their daughter.  Hardly ever anything about her husband.  Nothing about her friends.  Its like she has ceased to be a person and is now just a mommy robot.  I'm sure I'll post about my son sometimes...but this is over the top.

• imagecherylanddoug:

imagePrincessDi80:

That is what bugs me most.  She was an interesting person, artsy and creative...since her son was born every.single.status. has been about him and now their daughter.  Hardly ever anything about her husband.  Nothing about her friends.  Its like she has ceased to be a person and is now just a mommy robot.  I'm sure I'll post about my son sometimes...but this is over the top.

Wow. 

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imagePrincessDi80:

This, this, this.

I have one friend from college who has given a blow by blow account of potty training her oldest, and another who's every post revolves around the "sacrifices" of motherhood (martyr much?)  The "hide" function is an excellent tool in coping with these people. 

• The poop thing is gross...

But...

I am a mommy and my kids are the center of my world. I think I am still interesting and fun and all of that, but if people are annoyed by me posting about my kids...block me.

It think it is really interesting how people judge moms when they aren't one yet. Once you have that baby, you're perspective will chage quite a bit. Yes you will still be "you" but at the same time, you will never be the same again. You're friend loves her kids, kudos for her.

• MCH77MCH77 member

imagesandyd:
    This woman needs to get a hobby STAT. 

This!

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• imagekarenjoyharrison:

The poop thing is gross...

But...

I am a mommy and my kids are the center of my world. I think I am still interesting and fun and all of that, but if people are annoyed by me posting about my kids...block me.

It think it is really interesting how people judge moms when they aren't one yet. Once you have that baby, you're perspective will chage quite a bit. Yes you will still be "you" but at the same time, you will never be the same again. You're friend loves her kids, kudos for her.

Here's the thing though...people aren't friends with your kids, they are friends with YOU. Make a FB page for your kids, and those who want to be enthralled by every single detail of your kid's poop habits can friend your kid and be entertained.

Yes, I am fully aware that my baby will become the center of my life, but I can also maintain perspective that to my 500 other FB friends, they honestly don't care that much about how long she slept for last night or how long it was since her last diaper change.

Am I going to make FB statuses about my kids sometimes? Sure. Will damabo's FB page turn into damabo's kid's FB page? No.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"