August 2011 Moms
Options

Pain to change sheet

Anyone else finding that it is going to be a pain in the A$# to change the sheet when the bumper is going to be on the crib?  I am planning on using a regular bumper until the baby starts to roll over and move alot, then changing to a breathable.  I am trying to figure out if I have a really thick bumper or if it is just a pain to deal with for everyone! The only thing I can figure out is that I will have to untie each tie to change the sheet...I can't imagine that is the was it is SUPPOSED to be...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pain to change sheet

• Options
    Really interested to see what veteran mommies have to say..was wondering about this myself...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    I used to slide it up the bars so I could lift the corners of the mattress and then just slide it back down.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebelleaur:
    I used to slide it up the bars so I could lift the corners of the mattress and then just slide it back down.

There is no room to slide the bumper up..the bumper fits pretty much perfectly in between the mattress and the top of the rail...im thinking maybe my bumper just isnt a good fit for my crib :-/

• Options

I was still able to change the sheet just fine. I grabbed one end of it, and pulled. Done!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I can still change the sheet with the bumper pads on.  I used the "pretty" ones until DD started moving around and switched to breathable.

I lift one side of the mattress and take the old sheet off and put the new sheet on, then put the mattress back down.  Lift the other side of the mattress and take the old sheet off and put then new one on, then lower the mattress again.  That's what I've found works the best for changing crib sheets.

• Options
    Yep. It's a total PITA.  There's really no way around it.  I just forced the sheet past the bumper, generally scraping my knuckles in the process.  There was no way I was taking the bumper off each time I had to change the sheet though.
  • Options

I'm a FTM, so take my advice with a large grain of salt, but I was planning to use zip on/off sheets.  The brand I'm registered for is Clouds and Stars (www.cloudsandstars.com) - the sheet goes over the entire mattress, and then there's a flat panel on the top that you can zip on and off to change out sheets - no lifting the mattress or anything Smile

I've seen many moms on the boards that swear by them. I'm betting they'll be much easier to use with a bumper than traditional fitted sheets (though I won't know for another 3 months or so!)

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• Options
    yes it was a huge pain in a$$. But you get over it. lol
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (JBoF)
  • Options

The first time I changed a crib sheet after my daughter was born, I ended up sweating something fierce and cussing up a storm.  I also couldn't get the sheet on without taking the bumpers off.  They were just too big.

The best advice I got was to put 2-3 sheets on at a time, and just rip them off when you need to....by the time I ran out of the 3 sheets, I was over the bumpers and just took them off.

• Options
    imagetink7227:

I lift one side of the mattress and take the old sheet off and put the new sheet on, then put the mattress back down.  Lift the other side of the mattress and take the old sheet off and put then new one on, then lower the mattress again.  That's what I've found works the best for changing crib sheets.

This is pretty much how I do it too.  You can pull the mattress up past the bumper to get to it. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes, it is a pita. What I did with DD when she was little was use a sheet saver. It's a big square waterproof pad that I layed on top of the sheet. That way is she messed though I would just have to change that in the middle of the night.

When she became more mobile and started moving around and scooting most of the time she just scooted off the pad or rumpled it. So eventually, you just have to get over it and change the sheet. But its not that bad.

imageimageimage
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"