December 2011 Moms
Options

recommend your vomit receptacle?

Sorry if something similar has already been posted. I tried to search and didn't find anything.

M/S has set in and I'm trying to be prepared. When it happens it seems to come on very quickly. Well, I'm nauseas always but when I actually throw up it seems to happen w/o warning. Sometimes I work far away from trash cans/toilets and tonight I'm driving 11 hours to meet my mom.

Has anyone come up with something for on the go vomiting? I'm trying to find some where I can order air sickness bags from or something like that. Also, what do you do with it? As much as I hated finding dirty diapers in the trash when I working in a gas station, I can't imagine finding puke bags would be any better. I could warn them its there but, I think that just puts a face to the dillhole that left puke in the trash can. Any ideas?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: recommend your vomit receptacle?

• Options
    Would a walmart sack not work? Why do you need to order bags for this? And I don't see any other option besides throwing it in a trashcan unless you want to spend 11 hrs driving with your puke sack in the car. Most gas station cans have lids so it's not going to be out in the open. ??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Success After Losses. I carry your <3, I carry it in my <3.</br>
  • Options
    They have "air sickness bags" that are called Morning Chicness Bags. A little out there if you ask me ( how chic can you really look barfing into a bag regardless if it has little flowers on it) but they seem like they would work just fine. I always have a plastic grocery bag JIC. As far as warning the attendant about the vomit.... I'm sure they have seen much worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I forget where I saw these recently- I think it was in a magazine:
    https://www.morningchicnessbags.com/

They're like the airplane bags, but super cute & they kind of seal the yuckness in so I don't think it's as bad as finding a plastic grocery bag full of puke in a trash can.

I wouldn't think twice about tossing it in the nearest trash... I don't think anyone would realize what it even is, to be honest. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have kind of the same problem, so this post is also very helpful for me! I work at a day care in an infant classroom. We have a 4:1 ratio, so often times I am by myself with four infants! Obviously, I would never leave my room with the infants unattended, and if I did, I would immediately be fired... so in the mornings when my ms strikes I am in a weird predicament! I can't leave to run to the bathroom, and my only other choice is the garbage can in my room! (which is behind a fence with a reinforced lid and full of smelly diapers!)  I really don't want to stick my head in there! My other problem is that it is against state policy to have any plastic bags in the room, so these morning sickness bags might be my only option! Thanks for the recommendations girls! :)
  • Options
    I have an hour commute to work, so I keep a Target bag down between the seats just in case. So far all my actual pukes have been in toilets.  But I can say I have thought about the air sickness bags as well before!
  • Options

A grocery bag didn't even cross my mind. (facepalm) We shop at a discount grocer and pack our stuff out in cardboard boxes so I usually only have 1 or 2 of these around the house at a time.

I think I'm going to order the air sickenss bags. They'd be smaller to fit in my pocket at work (before use) and I feel like they wouldn't puncture easily on other things in the trash like a grocery bag would.

Thanks for the help ladies!

• Options
    Since I've had the extreme m/s, I've been keeping a box of big Ziploc bags in my car, just in case.....
  • Options
    Another option is a Ziploc gallon bag because you can seal it afterward, but I'd still have the grocery bag or something else not as see through to put it in until you can toss it so you don't have to stare at the vomit.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I put a paper grocery sack in a plastic grocery sack and that's my emergency kit. Although if I am somewhere like the car or in bed I usually have my 8-quart stockpot nearby :P
    imageimageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • Options

Ewww!!!! 

My sister has Celiac disease but before she figured out why she was randomly throwing up all the time, she used to keep a sand bucket with a plastic bag wrapped around it like a garbage bag liner in the car. Then you can take the bag out and tie it and it won't leak through because the bucket is there.

She even had a mayo jar with a lid but her vomiting wasn't much in amount.

So yucky!  

• Options

I keep gallon sized ziplock baggies in my car for this very reason. I often vomit while I am driving and this is pretty easy plus you can seal it up when you are done, it holds in the smell and then just put it in a darker grocery bag so the vomit isnt obvious when you throw it away.

When in a pinch I've also thrown up into large/x-large cups. I almost always keep an empty biggie size cup or large cup from Wendy's or McDonalds in my car. It can hold enough to keep me from needing to pull over or it gives me time to pull over. Put the lid back on and throw away. Sorry if this sounds gross but you do what you gotta do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageBlueCards:
    Another option is a Ziploc gallon bag because you can seal it afterward, but I'd still have the grocery bag or something else not as see through to put it in until you can toss it so you don't have to stare at the vomit.

I agree with this, when we were little and traveling home from a vacation my aunt set up Ziploc baggies in paper lunch bags (so you didn't have to see it but could seal it off) as my sister was sick.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"