2nd Trimester

recommendations for preg pillow?

I'm starting to realize that sleeping might be a little more comfy w/ a pregnancy pillow! lol I've looked at a bunch online but the reviews aren't all that helpful. I'm 5'8" (because I've heard some are better/worse for tall people) and really don't want to spend a fortune if I can avoid it because this might be my first and last time using it. I'm having twins and we have always wanted two and that's what we're getting! :) Thanks for any help in advance!!! 
DH and I got hitched 9/29/06!!! TTC since 1/2009. Diagnosed with endometriosis 2/2010 Femara 2/2010, 4/2010, 5/2010. Surgery for endometriosis 7/2010. Diagnosed with PCOS and a fibroid in my uterus 9/2010. Surgery for endometriosis and to remove fibroid 11/2010. Estrogen and Progesterone to help me heal from surgery and keep me from getting preg 11/2010 and 12/2010. Clomid 1/2011. BPF for the 1st time 2/7/11!!! Due 10/15/11!!! 3/7/11: Went for our first u/s and they found baby a, baby b and a baby c!!! We're having triplets!!! 3/21/11: Went back for 2nd u/s to check on baby a and it hadn't grown since the last appointment and no longer had a heartbeat. Baby a is our angel and we're praying for the best for babies b & c! Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker imageimage

Re: recommendations for preg pillow?

• I just went and got a new body pillow from walmart, and it seems to work just as good, im really short though ( :
  • I bought the Boppy body pillow and while it took some time to get used to, I love it now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 5'6" - purchased a  body pillow from Costco - much "Squishier" & more comfy than the ones from Target or Walmart.  Paid less than $8.  Works well for me.
  • I have a regular body pillow from Target. It worked great during my first pregnancy, and has been just fine this time around.
  • The Snoogle is the BEST!! Its about $50, but its firm and conforms to your body.  I LOVE mine!  It's also long enough that it goes under the head, through the legs, and around for the belly.  I'm 5'8" too, so that's my recommendation.
  • I use the boppy wedge and love it.  Sometimes I put it under my "bump" and sometimes I put it between my knees.  It is not big and bulky like most pregnancy pillows and I think it was only about $14 on Amazon.
  • I got a wedge pillow as well for under my bump.  It was around $12.99 at BRU.  Love it!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bought this one at Amazon and I absolutely love it. It perfectly supports my belly and growing chest - plus it helps me keep sleeping on my left. 

https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Back-Belly-Contoured-Pillow/dp/B0002E7DIQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1304213206&sr=8-4 

image image
  • I also have the Snoogle! A friend loaned it to me, and I adore it! With my first pregnancy, I purchased the Boppy body pillow from Target, but found it didn't have enough stuffing in it to give enough support. Whatever you buy, keep the receipt!

• I am 5 8 and I used the boppy body pillow.  It was the best 50 dollars I ever spent.  I used it through my entire pregnancy.  I slept very well during all 3 trimesters. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you ladies for all of the suggestions! I can't wait to order one! :)
    DH and I got hitched 9/29/06!!! TTC since 1/2009. Diagnosed with endometriosis 2/2010 Femara 2/2010, 4/2010, 5/2010. Surgery for endometriosis 7/2010. Diagnosed with PCOS and a fibroid in my uterus 9/2010. Surgery for endometriosis and to remove fibroid 11/2010. Estrogen and Progesterone to help me heal from surgery and keep me from getting preg 11/2010 and 12/2010. Clomid 1/2011. BPF for the 1st time 2/7/11!!! Due 10/15/11!!! 3/7/11: Went for our first u/s and they found baby a, baby b and a baby c!!! We're having triplets!!! 3/21/11: Went back for 2nd u/s to check on baby a and it hadn't grown since the last appointment and no longer had a heartbeat. Baby a is our angel and we're praying for the best for babies b & c! Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • I have the boppy and love it.
  • imagemsjcordova:
    I bought the Boppy body pillow and while it took some time to get used to, I love it now!

This exactly!  I didn't like it so much at first, but now it's great!  I got mine at Babies R Us and they let me use a 20% off coupon...it was about $40.

• I am 5'8 and I love my Boppy pregnancy pillow.  They have them in the store at Target. I hated the Snoogle. It was too hard and just didn't fit me well.
  • I'm 5'10", and I love the Snoogle pillow!  It took me about two days to get used to it, and now I don't know how I'll ever sleep without it.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"