Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Speaking of car seats.... how many?

How many convertible car seats are you getting? I was going to just get one and then H said he'd need one for his car. She is normally in my car but if we go somewhere as a family, especially for a longer trip, we take his car. What are you doing?

I'm not really worrying about the money of it all, we'll figure out some way to afford two if that is what we need. I am just thinking of the safety of moving one seat back and forth etc.

ETA: And..this is totally a P&R because H just decided we are going to bed. lol.

[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Speaking of car seats.... how many?

• Options
    We're starting out with just one convertible seat and may decide to get another one later on. 
  • Options
    I voted SS - Currently we only have one carseat because we have one car.  If we buy another car then we'll buy another carseat.  

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're just getting one since we only have one vehicle. When we get another vehicle, we'll get another.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer
  • Options

Since DH works out of town most weeks, I am the primary daycare dropoff and pickup person.  So we only got one.  On the off days DH needs to take LO, we either switch cars or move the seat.

But, if DH had been working more in town and was a part of daycare drop off or pick up- we probably would have 2. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    we pruchased one...a very nice one. the back up car seat is a hand me down that my sil just stopped using...and my mom is the sitter and again she'll have the third carseat but that is a hand me down too from my sister who just stopped using it too! Our lo is number 10 and the oldest is only 11 so she'll have lots of hand me downs! and it's not like we got the car seat at a garage sale we know where it's been.
  • Options
    We have 2 and now that we do, I can't believe we didn't get the second one sooner. It makes life so much easier. We were constantly moving it back and forth. I would definitely recommend getting 2 if you put LO in both cars often.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We got one for each of our cars. My parents and in laws each got one also but we didn't pay for theirs.
    My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
  • Options

We are getting the same kind of car seats, one for each car.  He wants one that will match the interior of his car, so it will be all black and stuff, and I want a cute girly looking one...so purple flowers it is.  

His car is pretty much the shiz compared to my car.  My car is a struggle getting the infant seat in, I would seriously despise having to lug the convertible in and out of it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RitaT22RitaT22 member
    We currently have three (one for my car, one for DH's, extra just because), but I am considering buying a fourth. My mom and MIL have Gavin pretty often, and it is a pain to lug the extra around whenever they watch him. With the fourth, my mom can have one, and so can MIL.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    When we go down the convertible car seat road, we will most likely only get 1, we only have 1 car with a back seat anyway, but if we ever got another, I'm too much of a cheapskate to get two when I can just take it out and put it in the other.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We got one for each of our vehicles, especially since DH watches her part of the time when I work. My parents also have 1 but they bought it. I still counted 3 though bc I would've bought it if needed for them.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• Options
    I got three.  One for me, DH, and my parents.   I got the Britax Marathon .  It ended up being a little pricey, but I wanted the same seat in all cars.  Plus my parents watch Ella a lot so they needed one.

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• Options
    We have 2 (well, 4) because we share daycare duty.  In your case, I would just start out with one - you can always buy anther one later if you find you need one.
  • Options
    I've voted 2 as that's what we currently have. However, we may purchase a 3rd one if we need to for regular child care.
  • Options
    pazranapazrana member
    We bought just one for now but will need 2 because normally I do drop off and DH does pick up.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I think we will get 2 and then just use the one in my H's car as the one babysitters (like grandparents/aunts/uncles) can use. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"