Cloth Diapering

Destashing most of my gms

Let me know if there's a print you're iso. I think I'm holding on to 1981, dog friendly, little miss and heather rainbow but all else will likely be sold. I am over the drama, stupid prices and crappy service. There are so many great wahms to give my money to. Sweetpea gets first dibs on rainbow spectrum if she wants it back.
image Lucy, 12/27/2009
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Destashing most of my gms

• Are you destashing on Spots? I wouldn't even know where to begin. :)

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Amen.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • the only ones I still really want are illumination and go green if you have either of those
    Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • Puprle popflower, Fruitropica, Prep Star, Girly t&t. What Big Teeth? I think you had that one? 

Before you destash, just think about how they fit Lucy.... or future babes. You can keep what you have without patronizing the store or participating on the interwebs... 

• imagejenny1980:
    Let me know if there's a print you're iso. I think I'm holding on to 1981, dog friendly, little miss and heather rainbow but all else will likely be sold. I am over the drama, stupid prices and crappy service. There are so many great wahms to give my money to. Sweetpea gets first dibs on rainbow spectrum if she wants it back.

I hear ya! I only ever had 4 GM's but when the craze started up I thought it was ridiculous and even though I bought them all used and never actually gave Suzanne my money, I wanted nothing to do with them.  I sold them and spent my money on new dipes from WAHM's that I respected. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • Yeahhhhh I fell into they hype about a month ago and bought one...haven't received it yet though. I already promised myself it would be my first and last.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Visit my blog about my family's experiments in eco-living
  • Cdep: I hear you, but with the money from the gms I destash I can get custom dipes (and will probably go with mostly AI2s) in the exact prints I want. There are a few I'll be holding onto, but most I am not really attached to. :-) When lyndsay actually blocked me from her fb it occurred to me how much insanity surrounds this damn brand and it's just not fun anymore.
    image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • wait.  lyndsay blocked YOU?  is this more guilty by association?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Do you have anything boyish or GN stripes?

Check out this Bumpie Business List .

• imagejenny1980:
    Cdep: I hear you, but with the money from the gms I destash I can get custom dipes (and will probably go with mostly AI2s) in the exact prints I want. There are a few I'll be holding onto, but most I am not really attached to. :-) When lyndsay actually blocked me from her fb it occurred to me how much insanity surrounds this damn brand and it's just not fun anymore.
    Why the eff did she block you? This is all getting so ridiculous!
  • I don't have any goodmamas and after reading all the drama on here I don't think I want one anymore.  Maybe if I find one used.  You don't happen to have earth aware do you?
  • imagesweetpea18:
    imagejenny1980:
    Cdep: I hear you, but with the money from the gms I destash I can get custom dipes (and will probably go with mostly AI2s) in the exact prints I want. There are a few I'll be holding onto, but most I am not really attached to. :-) When lyndsay actually blocked me from her fb it occurred to me how much insanity surrounds this damn brand and it's just not fun anymore.
    Why the eff did she block you? This is all getting so ridiculous!

She blocked ME right after she kicked me out of the group and told me to "Get a life".  I figured it was just an excellent way to get the last word.  I am genuinely surprised to hear that she blocked you though.  I mean, you weren't even around for the dramaz.  

• Yep, guilt by association. When I realized she had me blocked when I couldn't reply to her (pretty aggressive) PM I emailed her. She effectively said that if I choose to be friends with you scoundrels I can't be friends with her. Fine. To be fair, this was in response to me calling her out on the group page re: the total hypocrisy in allowing some people to gossip about others there while others were banned. She sent me a pm saying "are you f-ing kidding me?" and then blocked me. Her email was respectful for the most part, but man. She was always so cool and I was really pretty shocked by the whole thing. I just still really don't understand how she perceives people on here as cruel. The only thing I can surmise is that she's super super tight with Stacey. Oh well.
    image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's what I started doing this week, too. I'm keeping my OBVs and CPs as well as my stripes, but I'm getting rid of all the other prints. I might destash the rest if I find a diaper that fits as well for as long as these have, but with the ones I'm keeping I have more than enough. When it was posted yesterday that she was deleting the group, I commented that it appeared she had two choices 1) to delete or 2) to not police every thread, since it was impossible to do that and therefore she would be inconsistent. She was so hostile all over that thread to everyone, throwing language around and not up for talking to anyone with any kind of respect, so I wished them all good luck with the group and I left. I got tired of wondering each time I logged in whether I would be banned from the GM:c) group just because I come here, so I decided I was over it.

There really is soooooo much drama around these diapers and *always* has been. It's why I hadn't been anywhere near a forum surrounding GM since early 2009. I'd had my fill. Then I found this board and the GM drama wasn't bad here, which led me to the GM:c) group and the drama was there all over again. No, thank you.

If anyone would like to try a VGUC or EUC goodmama for a good price, let me know. I have a handful of girly prints and a bunch of boyish that I'm going to take pictures of and list somewhere, maybe I'll toss them up on DS. All of them are still very soft, some are still silky, all the elastic and snaps work perfectly and the few soakers that have light stains will be sunned out. PINNACLE!! ;c)

image image image image
  • imagejenny1980:
    Yep, guilt by association. When I realized she had me blocked when I couldn't reply to her (pretty aggressive) PM I emailed her. She effectively said that if I choose to be friends with you scoundrels I can't be friends with her.Fine.To be fair, this was in response to me calling her out on the group page re: the total hypocrisy in allowing some people to gossip about others there while others were banned. She sent me a pm saying "are you f-ing kidding me?" and then blocked me.Her email was respectful for the most part, but man. She was always so cool and I was really pretty shocked by the whole thing.I just still really don't understand how she perceives people on here as cruel. The only thing I can surmise is that she's super super tight with Stacey.Oh well.

I think their whole banning of bumpies is so stupid - everyone on here is so nice!  I'm pretty much done buying GMs...I still have no idea if I'm getting an Alpha Patch or not (I tried to cancel three times but I haven't heard from CS in 3 weeks, and they never refunded my cc, so I assume it's still OTW).  If you have Stormy Rainbow though, I'd take it off your hands.

photo cec1e248-7430-4475-9668-04578f2fd00a.jpg 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Half my fitted stash is GMs and I love them.  At least right now, those dipes fit my guy excellent.  So I'm not going to destash.  And I also won't promise not to buy any more GMs in the future.  I just can't hold it against the brand that there are crazies who love them.  I just need to take a lesson from the is and not associate with the crazies. 

BTW - eclecticmama - I am always on the lookout for used boyish GMs, especially the older prints.  :)

• imageyodasmistress:

Half my fitted stash is GMs and I love them.  At least right now, those dipes fit my guy excellent.  So I'm not going to destash.  And I also won't promise not to buy any more GMs in the future.  I just can't hold it against the brand that there are crazies who love them.  I just need to take a lesson from the is and not associate with the crazies. 

BTW - eclecticmama - I am always on the lookout for used boyish GMs, especially the older prints.  :)

That's true, but I've had issues with more than just the crazies who love them over the years. Lets just say experiences in 2009 left me with such... hurt feelings(?, hard to explain but it was something that was from within the company, not the fans) that I felt bad every time even looked at the diapers. It took me a long time to get over that. All this just reminds me that they are just diapers and I'm kind of tired of getting annoyed around these diapers. LOL!

I'll PM you with what I have. I was just taking pictures. :c)

image image image image
  • Not having a Facebook account helps me stay away from the dramz, so I might be interested in some boyish diapers!
  • jenny and eclecticmama - I might be interested in any girly prints you have.
  • I tried to inject some intelligence and rationality into that discussion yesterday (as I hadn't been banned yet) and got no response from L. It seems like the whole thing turned into a pity party about how hard it is to mod a group. Whatever.

That being said, I actually do love my GMs for nighttime with wool or a cover and will continue to use and b/s them. If you have boyish or GN stuff, please email me a list with prices and I'll happily take some off your hands. Colorxgirl at comcast dot net.
    2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'd be interested in any boy/g-n prints. Trying to find a good nighttime diaper that doesn't require like 3 stuffed inserts. (What we're currently doing!)
  • If anyone has a smear campaign I will take it no matter condition! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm interested in girly dipes.  I don't have an ISO list but have seen lots that I like so I'd love to hear what is available.  :)

image Visit The Nest!

• I might be interested in buying some.

I probably won't be buying more from GMHQ or from certain people, but I'm not going to get away from them altogether.  If I wasn't already annoyed about the import mixup, I definitely wouldn't hold anything against the brand itself.  However, things are just going cuckoo lately overall.

I honestly think some of the people that scream the loudest that they dislike drama are the ones who like it the most.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• I am interested  in any girly prints....I've been wanting try GM and see how they work for my LO.  PM if you have any :)
  • Most of my stuff is girly. :-) I posted a partial list on the gm fb page. I have some more to go thru, too. Yoda: I am keeping my faves and am not opposed to buying from nice mamas in the future. I doubt I will be buying ever again from gmhq, though. The insane prices, 6+ week ship time and shitty cs are enough to keep me away. I am looking forward to a crazy shopping spree with me new $$ though. :-) speaking of which, I'd love some AI2 recs!
    image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aw Jenny, your disillusionment is making me a little sad :( You're always so upbeat. I totally understand your reasoning though and hope your cash goes towards things you love :)
  • imagejenny1980:
    Most of my stuff is girly. :-) I posted a partial list on the gm fb page. I have some more to go thru, too.Yoda: I am keeping my faves and am not opposed to buying from nice mamas in the future. I doubt I will be buying ever again from gmhq, though. The insane prices, 6+ week ship time and shitty cs are enough to keep me away. I am looking forward to a crazy shopping spree with me new $$ though. :-) speaking of which, I'd love some AI2 recs!

I really really like grovia for AI2's.   They hold up really well for travel and are relatively trim compared to fitteds. 

• I would be interested in some girly prints. Do you have Clementime? That's one I'm ISO.
  • That whole damn group went crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"