Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Bra shopping makes me cry

DH took me shopping last night because my bras just don't fit anymore. We went to three different stores and I found a grand total of two bras without underwire. I bought them both, and hate them both. I'm typically a 34A and I'm now more like a 36ishB. Anyone having better luck than I am at finding wire free bras that are comfortable? I'm usually a VS girl but I hate to spend $60.00 each on bras that I'm quickly outgrowing. If I don't find something soon I'm afraid I might have a melt down.
After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
Not ready to give up yet.
Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 

Re: Bra shopping makes me cry

• Options

I got mine at Motherhood Maternity and absolutely love them!  They double as nursing bras so hopefully I'll still fit in them after the milk comes in.  There are 3 hook settings and they told me the general rule was 1 hook setting per trimester (I went into the 3rd one a bit before my 3rd tri though so I don't know how true that is...) 

This is the one I got - I bought 3 (and right now they're on sale according to the website)  https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=978490518&MasterCategory_Id=MC13

I'm normally a VS girl as well...I thought it would be hard to switch, but these have been super comfy for me!  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

** lurking from TTCAL**

when I was pregnant I bought 2 nursing bras from Thyme Maternity (im in Ont, Canada not sure if they have Thyme in the US) but they are wireless, ans ohhh so comfortable and have tons of support, I hope you find one you like and once you do stick with it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I went to a bra store and asked to be fitted.  (I've shopped there before).  They always know how to find the exact perfect bra.  Prices aren't cheap, though.  I got a few Wacoal bras, they are around $60 each.  I didn't mind spending the money, though, because I was also very stressed out about bra shopping.  Couldn't seem to find anything that fit anywhere else that I liked.

• Options
    I got 4 bras from Maidenform online for a little over $30. They aren't nursing bras, they're just a larger size, and I love them!
  • Options
    MrsAtchMrsAtch member
    The kohls here had one bra I could find in my size that didn't have underwire- but it had cone-like cups that made me feel like madonna.
    After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • Options
    Tell me about it.  I was a D cup before the BFP.  Ive gone up at least two cup sizes since then.  I've had to settle for a front closing sports bra type contraption.  It's comfortable, supportive, and it keeps the girls in place.  But, I sooo dont' feel cute wearing these things.  I'm kinda hoping I stop growing, but I'm not sure how likely that is given that I'm only 15 weeks.  The thought of trying to find a bra bigger than a DD is intimidating.
  • Options

I wish I could be helpful but all my underwires are from VS too. The day my DH took me to get a new bra I was depresssed as well. I need a 36DD and they dont make the one I wear in that size. All the bras they brought me made me feel like I was 80. Then the sales girl tried telling me about about what was best for my breast implants. Ya she got the side for that one. I can't even be happy when I look at my boobs right now, they look out of control for my size. 

I guess I serioisly never thought about the growth spurt when I made the purchase 5 years ago. 

"You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Options
    I got some at Motherhood Maternity last week.  $20.  They are underwires, but they also double as nursing bras (if by some miracle they happen to fit then).  The cup size freaked me out.  An E (started out as a D).  I'm hoping they don't get too much biggerIndifferent

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"