Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Trouble buying baby items b/c PGAL?

I had read in Baby Bargains that 20 weeks was a good time to order baby furniture.  DH and I went to BRU to do so, and we thought we might register while we were there.  We aren't going to have any time next weekend and the nearest baby store period is 45 minutes away.

Long story short, we found the furniture, sat down to order, and when I found out the return policy is 90 days, I panicked.  I said to DH, "I can't do this."  I will presumably and hopefully still be pregnant in 90 days (The furniture only takes a week to come in).  I think he thinks I am being ridiculous.  The whole thing brought me way down, so we walked around the store, but didn't register. It didn't help that despite doing research and having Baby Bargains with me, I was totally overwhelmed.

So we have exactly 2 things for the baby.  A blanket a coworker of mine made for us, and a Pittsburgh Penguins jersey DH bought for her.  I can't seem to do any other shopping.  Is anyone else like this b/c of their history of loss?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trouble buying baby items b/c PGAL?

• Options
    Yes, I am. I have bought a diaper bad (could be a purse if something happens) and I think that is it. I can't bring myself to do it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options
    I've been adding to my cloth diaper stash (which I started before I was pregnant again) but other than that DH and I bought a toy and an elephant outfit. I broke down in BRU the first time I tried to even go look. Being PGAL is really, really hard. I'm sorry that you're struggling but I just want you to know you're not alone.
    After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought a onesie the other day, but that's it. Even then it's still in the bag in the other room with the doorclosed. The idea of buying anything else freaks me out. Maybe I just need to be a little farther along.
  • Options

I am sorry it has been so hard for you. I hope it will get easier. Hugs!

I can totally agree. I haven't bought any furniture. We have some CD's and one outfit and that's about it. I tell myself I want to wait until after the showers but it is a mix of that and being too scared that something will happen and I will have tons of baby stuff. Being PgAL is hard.

• Options

We didn't do much of anything until week 30 (I painted a few weeks before, but that's it).  Now I have 7 weeks left and really need to scramble, but it still feels so far away/not quite real most days. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 5/30/07 M/C 8/26/10 at around 6 weeks BFP #2 10/16/10
  • Options
    I told my whole family I don't want to even SEE baby things until am 24 weeks. My mom and sister get it, my ILs think I'm insane...but too bad. I will feel better about it after V- day.
  • Options
    imagemaymaymia:

I am sorry it has been so hard for you. I hope it will get easier. Hugs!

I can totally agree. I haven't bought any furniture. We have some CD's and one outfit and that's about it. I tell myself I want to wait until after the showers but it is a mix of that and being too scared that something will happen and I will have tons of baby stuff. Being PgAL is hard.

This even though I passed my loss mark at 6 weeks. I am going to buy furniture today, gulp
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I haven't gotten anything yet.....so my family is shocked. My brother & SIL had their nursery set at this point.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I think it's pretty normal.  We just registered at our first store last night.  We haven't even researched half of the big stuff so we have to add that in later.  We also haven't bought anything big and I'm not in a hurry to do so. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    Clerk9Clerk9 member

((HUGS))

You're not alone.  

We have a few outfits, toys & books, ALL of which were bought for baby by other people.  We haven't gotten her anything yet.  :(  And I wanted to make her a quilt, which also hasn't even been started.

But we have finally picked out what room to make into the nursery, & we're done registering.  (Though DH & I were both totally overwhelmed when we went to BRU to register...I've done most of it online.)  My parents are buying us a crib as soon as we decide which one we want (or, rather, convince them that the one we want is going to be sturdy enough). 

Baby steps.  You can do it.  :)   

• Options
    I just bought my first items yesterday.  I didn't think I'd be able to do it either but I just figured I better try.  It was just clothes though so I put them away in a drawer.  I dont think I'll be able to buy furniture until at least a couple of months from now.  Just trying to move slowly..
    TTC Since 2/09... BFP 12/26/09 - Missed miscarriage (6 weeks), D&C 1/28/10, BFP 4/23/10 - Miscarriage (18 wks 4 days) due to Turner's Syndrome, Delivered Lyla Ann on 7/29/10, BFP 12/10/10 - Natural miscarriage (5 weeks 6 days) 12/23/10, BFP 2/2/11 - EDD: 10/15/11 - Stick baby stick!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"