Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Need recs for clothe/ reusable swim diapers

Where did you buy them and how much?  Any links?  We plan to be swimming alot here soon! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need recs for clothe/ reusable swim diapers

• Options
    imagehijoi:

Last summer I got mine from www.onestepahead.com  They worked well and washed easily (but he never pooped inthem, so I can't attest to that.) We bought the ones that tie in front.  Here's the link: https://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=535743&cmSource=Search

ETA: Sorry, I just looked and that particular one is only available in one color and size.  But, you can search their site for other swim diapers that I am sure would be just as awesome.

Do you use these and put the swim suit over this? Are they less bulky that a disposable?

• Options
    JCMJCM member
    I use iPlay for DD.  You can get them as a swim suit. We love them & they are the brand her swim school recommends. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do they dry fast? Meaning if we were in the pool and wanted to go back in and had to put it back on would it still be really wet.
  • Options

You can buy some at Babies R Us that are great. They're not too expensive, $8 I think, and they fit nicely under a swimsuit. I've also bought thicker ones at our daughter's swim school and some handmade ones off Etsy. The ones I bought from BRU are the best ones.

They're similar to these (might even be the same brand, FINIS) - I bought these as well. (This link shows sold out but you can at least see the style.)

https://www.ecobabybuys.com/index.php/home/reusable-swim-diapers-set-of-2.html

DD has pooped in them once and it held it all in and wasn't difficult to clean. 

Here's a link to some on one web site - just google it and you'll get tons of options.

https://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/15880.htm 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I've always used the Kushies brand with my three kids.  We have 4 for DS.  We have a pool in the backyard so I always have at least 2 around even if I'm washing 2.  They dry pretty quickly and I do use them under his swimsuits.  I like them better than some of the other kind that look more like regular underwear because they're adjustable with the velcro and tie.  Amazon has them for $10.99.

ETA - The velcro/tie is also nice for when he does poop in them.  I can change them like a regular diaper and we don't end up with poop all the way down his legs or anything.  :-)  I know your DS#2 and mine are about the same size.  DS wears a Medium and it should fit him all summer and maybe even next year (if he's not PT by then).

• Options

We get ours from Bummis. It's called the "Swimmi" and comes in several cute prints. They attach with velcro so are super adjustable and easy. On our boy they run big so keep that in mind if you order. 

To answer the other question: They tend to dry about as fast as a swimsuit. So it depends on the temp, humidity etc. But if you take it off and hang it over a fence or something it dries much faster than on a body, so if you're at the beach all day that's a good idea.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have one from Bummis, a delaminated Rumparooz pocket that I plan to use, and I've had a iPlay swimsuit. 

My daughter has a very slim waist, so the Bummis and Rumparooz with the aplix closure work much better on her.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I got some from Target one year and some online. . . I can't remember the brand.

With DS I've just been using an unstuffed pocket diaper that snaps (so I can get it on nice and tight and be 100% sure that it's not going to come off. . . I would worry about that with velcro).

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    I have two Imse Vimse. I put them under DS trunks when we are at a public pool but when we are in our pool at home I don't always bother with another suit on top. It dries pretty quickly if I hang it up under a ceiling fan. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"