Pregnant after IF

Wanna talk names?

I am totally going in circles with names, and we don't have too much longer to decide.  We just don't have a name that we are both in love with.  We had resorted to not deciding until we meet her, but DH jut confessed that even once he sees her, he's not "deep enough" to say "gee, she looks like a ____".  He says he will have no idea and probably just defer to me.  (Knowing him well, this is probably true)  Now I'm almost afraid to leave it til the hospital... what if we feel all rushed and stressed out about it? 

Has everyone already decided on names?  Care to share?  I feel like the only one who hasn't made up her mind yet! :(

FWIW, we're tossing around Caroline (maybe nn Cara?), Tessa, and Sara(h), but we haven't completely gotten rid of Kendall and Emily.  Who the heck knows though!

Re: Wanna talk names?

• We are having a hard time with names as well.  So far we have 3 names that are only on the list because they haven't been rejected by at least one of us (Calvin, Dante and Seamus) and 1 name that we both like (Nikolai).  If we don't come up with something new before he is born, looks like he will be Nikolai Joseph.  What I really need is for MH to suggest some serious names instead of just randomly shouting things out as he passes them on the street (car names, street names, etc.).  I think I'm the only one who has suggested actual possibilities!  We will probably have to bring the baby name books to the hospital for him to finally look through after the baby is born.  Haha :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Tessa, btw :)

• Loading the player...
  • imagegymnst1013:
    We are having a hard time with names as well.  So far we have 3 names that are only on the list because they haven't been rejected by at least one of us (Calvin, Dante and Seamus) and 1 name that we both like (Nikolai).  If we don't come up with something new before he is born, looks like he will be Nikolai Joseph.  What I really need is for MH to suggest some serious names instead of just randomly shouting things out as he passes them on the street (car names, street names, etc.).  I think I'm the only one who has suggested actual possibilities!  We will probably have to bring the baby name books to the hospital for him to finally look through after the baby is born.  Haha :)

Funny! This reminds me of MH. His suggestions typically include naming all his female co-workers past and present ("Cindy? Judy? Karen? Danetta?") or naming nice girls he graduated high school with ("Jennifer? Megan? Stacey?").  Not that there's anything WRONG with those names but hello, let's think outside the box a little and not just name random people we've met in our lives.... Geez!

ETA: Nikolai is great - good luck, hope it sticks :)
  • We had a girl name picked while trying to adopt - Addison Elise. Once we got pregnant it seemed the name Addison was everywhere around us lol. It suddenly didn't feel "right" but then nothing did!

MH was stuck on boy names - he just had a feeling this was a boy. I was trying to prepare for either. The boy name actually came easier - we settled on Evan Carter.

Then we found out it was a GIRL and we were stumped. I had circled around the names Mia and Olivia a few times but anything we came up with never seemed exactly right.

I said to DH one day "what do you think about Mia Gabrielle?" I told him I thought it sounded pretty and there aren't many Mia's where we live so she wouldn't have 5 people in the same class with her name. He said that it sounded good to him too and all the sudden that's what she became hahaha. No real "meaning" behind the name I suppose.

Our oldest daughter is Autumn Breaune (bree-ahn) so the two kind of go together. Especially the middle names. For a few weeks after I gave birth to my oldest DD I couldn't get used to calling her by her name. It seemed weird to name a person lol. So, this time around we're using Mia's name in every conversation so we can get used to it ; ).

• We had names picked out with our previous pregnancy's and we were in love with the name Jocelyn. But when I found out we were pregnant I started to notice the name Jocelyn pop up everywhere and I honestly just wanted something new.

We have the name Brielle Skye picked out for our daughter. Brielle is pronounced Bree-L. I found it in a name book and when I asked DH if he liked it he smiled and his entire face lit up. I knew that was our little girls name. 

He picked the middle name and I have to say I couldn't be happier with the name. It's unique and that's exactly what we wanted. I've never met a Brielle in my life and I'm excited about meeting our little Brielle. :) 

? We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness... ?

12/99 - Miscarriage at 12w - 6/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w, 9/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w2d, 12/08 - Found out I am a carrier of a Balanced Translocation between Chromosomes 8 & 16, 8/2010 - DE IVF = FAIL. 12/18/10 - Surprise BFP! Awaiting our Sticky Miracle! 12/20 - Beta #1-1208 * 12/27 Beta #2 - 6002 1/3/11 Beta #3 - 17,146. Beautiful little heart beating away! Stick little one, stick!

♥ Brielle Skye born August 17th, 2011 ♥ Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love the name Caroline. 

Our little guy will be named Max.  It wasn't even on our list of boy names and one day at lunch my DH just says what do you think of Max.  We both knew that was going to be his name at that moment.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JenCWJenCW member

We had a hard time finding a name that we both liked.  Our boys' names are very unique, and I'm not a fan of popular names at all (having grown up as a Jennifer).  We are naming our little girl Tessa, so I have to tell you that I love that name.  Kendall and Caroline are great too.  Caroline would have been on my short list, but I have a very good friend with a daughter named Caroline Jordan.

Good luck. 

• imageJenCW:

We had a hard time finding a name that we both liked.  Our boys' names are very unique, and I'm not a fan of popular names at all (having grown up as a Jennifer).  We are naming our little girl Tessa, so I have to tell you that I love that name.  Kendall and Caroline are great too.  Caroline would have been on my short list, but I have a very good friend with a daughter named Caroline Jordan.

Good luck. 

Wow really?!  How ironic, I've never met another Tessa (although I know my friend had a roommate in college named Tess but I never did meet her).  It's been our front-runner lately, as we've been referring to her as Tessa to see how it feels.  I just have a hard time mentally committing, for some reason! 
  • We are having a hard time with names as well. The names we have now are Amalia Mae or Serena Clare. I guess we'll just see which one she looks more like. 

But if you like the name Caroline, you should go with that one and I'm not just saying that because my full name is Caroline... well, maybe I am. lol.  

IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• DrVWifeDrVWife member

We are naming our daughter Madison Claire.  We knew we would use our own middle names whether boy or girl as our baby's middle name.  Madison is a name that we both loved.  We tried a few other names and none of them topped Maddison for us.

I love the name Tessa.  It would have been on our list but we banned all names that started with T because 3 of our 4 pets names start with T.  Caroline is also beautiful.

Good luck!

• imagehalfnhalf:

FWIW, we're tossing around Caroline (maybe nn Cara?), Tessa, and Sara(h), but we haven't completely gotten rid of Kendall and Emily.  Who the heck knows though!

We are at a loss.  I think this baby will be named in the hospital nursery because we can't seem to agree on something.

You have a great short list.  I actually have worked this spring with a Caroline and a Tessa, and both of these women are strong, intelligent and wonderful people.  :)

• As of today, we're going with William George (nn Will) and Caroline Patrice (nn Cay/Kay).  The middle names are family names, and those won't be changing.  And. we're pretty solid on the boy's name, but the girl's name has been a bit of a struggle...

We had Catherine, Brooke, Charlotte, Erin, and Elle on our short list.  Decided against Catherine (nn Cate) because of the royal family/wedding.  The rest are still in the distance, but it's looking like Caroline.

Not an easy decision!  Good Luck!!  Big Smile

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • MrsMAFMrsMAF member
    We're having a boy but our girl name was going to be Ella. We also liked Addison, Olivia, Abby. On your list I really like Tessa, I think that's super cute!
  • We picked our boy name by starting with our first initials. But we're having a hard time with picking middle name. My BIL (husband's brother) and my other BIL (sister's husband) both picked their middle name based on a place that means something to them. Jordan where they got engaged, Solana where DH's family used to own a vacation condo, and Wynn where we took my sister and BIL when she was 8 weeks pregnant.
    TTC Since 01/09
    Unexplained IF
    Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
    IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
    FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
    IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
    FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JenCWJenCW member
    imagehalfnhalf:
    imageJenCW:

Good luck. 

Wow really?!  How ironic, I've never met another Tessa (although I know my friend had a roommate in college named Tess but I never did meet her).  It's been our front-runner lately, as we've been referring to her as Tessa to see how it feels.  I just have a hard time mentally committing, for some reason! 

I'd never met anyone or heard of anyone using that name either.  That was one of the reasons that we chose it over some of the others on our list.  Also, we found that in Greek some say that it means "fourth child" (and Tessa will be our fourth - we have triplet boys already).

• We were going to decide at the hospital if it was a girl because we couldn't decide between Tessa and Grace. Now that it's a boy, we have always been set on Gavin James. Have you tried calling her the different names in your everyday vocabulary to see if anything just sounds "right?" my vote is Tessa though! :)
  • I love Caroline.  I can't use it because DH has 2 aunts and a cousin all named Carol or Carolyn.

I also think Emily Caroline would be a beautiful name for your daughter. 

DS #1 on the way after 2 cycles of ART (IVF+FET) EDD 7/3/11
  • I love Tessa and Emily.  You have great choices!  

We decided on Roman Christopher and have ben calling him that.  But I can't help but feel like once we see him I'll change my mind.  I think I'm just nervous about picking a name for this little person.  Good luck making a decision!

Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You guys have chosen a lot of great names or great name possibilities!  To those who complimented our short list - thanks.  It helps to get a little input on such a big decision.  Good luck to everyone else who is also still deciding.  We'll all decide on someting eventually!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"