TTC After a Loss

Probiotics Question

I picked up some probiotics yesterday because I have been having some, well for lack of a better way to put it, poop problems.  Anyway, is it ok to take probiotics at the same time as your PNV?  When do you take your pills?

This is going to be a post and run because of the aforementioned poop problem. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Probiotics Question

• I don't think the timing of them together matters, but I would probably try to time the probiotic right before a meal if possible.

I take my prenatal and fish oil right before dinner.

• I take my probiotic before bed every night just because that is how I have always done it.  I don't think it matters when you take it, though.  Just remember to keep the pills in the fridge...it says so on the box and a lot of people don't notice it.  I swear by my probiotic...it helps so many things including keeping you from being sick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    BFP 10/2/10, D&E 2/8/11 @ 22 weeks due to encephalocele 
    BFP 12/25/11 - EDD 9-5-12  Baby Girl born August 30, 2012 at 39 weeks 1 day via c-section 
    TTC #2 starting 2/13, RE work-up 9/13 HSG - blocked left tube, MTHFR, insulin resistance DH - perfect  11/13 - first medicated cycle: Metformin, Clomid, Ovidrel  
    BFP 11/30/13 - edd August 11, 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • lavrillavril member
    Are you going to keep taking the probiotics after you get your BFP?  Last time I stopped b/c I wasn't sure it was really safe.  Which ones are you taking?

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • I take mine in the morning with my PNV, iron and B12. Sometimes I take a second one in the evening.

I do plan on continuing to take probiotics if I get pg.  I have read research about them helping to boost immunities in the developing fetus and my OB thought it was great that I was taking them when we were pg before.  

I've been taking probiotics for over a year and am very pleased with them.  I like Vitamin Shoppe's brand.

Also, there are some probiotics that do not need to be refrigerated, just FYI---I don't know which ones but I do keep mine in the fridge :)

• I continued to take them with my last pregnancy - the doctor said it was fine.  I take the Target brand ones they are called  Acidophilus.  I usually by a few of them when they are in stock because they sell out quickly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    BFP 10/2/10, D&E 2/8/11 @ 22 weeks due to encephalocele 
    BFP 12/25/11 - EDD 9-5-12  Baby Girl born August 30, 2012 at 39 weeks 1 day via c-section 
    TTC #2 starting 2/13, RE work-up 9/13 HSG - blocked left tube, MTHFR, insulin resistance DH - perfect  11/13 - first medicated cycle: Metformin, Clomid, Ovidrel  
    BFP 11/30/13 - edd August 11, 2014
  • lavrillavril member
    imageMrsMitty08:

I take mine in the morning with my PNV, iron and B12. Sometimes I take a second one in the evening.

I do plan on continuing to take probiotics if I get pg.  I have read research about them helping to boost immunities in the developing fetus and my OB thought it was great that I was taking them when we were pg before.  

I've been taking probiotics for over a year and am very pleased with them.  I like Vitamin Shoppe's brand.

Also, there are some probiotics that do not need to be refrigerated, just FYI---I don't know which ones but I do keep mine in the fridge :)

Good to know.  Thanks!   (Love your new pic btw!!!)

PGAL/PAL welcome

My Ovulation Chart
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • imagelavril:
    imageMrsMitty08:

I take mine in the morning with my PNV, iron and B12. Sometimes I take a second one in the evening.

Good to know.  Thanks!   (Love your new pic btw!!!)

You're welcome and thank you! :)

• I don't think the ones I have need to be refriderated.  I bought them at Walmart.  They are like the Natural Valley brand or something like that.  The bottle says to take them with a meal.  I take my PNV at night sometime after supper because it makes me feel icky if my stomach is too full or too empty.  I think I will just take it at the same time as the PNV.

I will see what my OB says about taking it while I'm pregnant.  I think I will see if it works for me first though.

• imagemsgde2shus:
    I take my probiotic before bed every night just because that is how I have always done it.  I don't think it matters when you take it, though.  Just remember to keep the pills in the fridge...it says so on the box and a lot of people don't notice it.  I swear by my probiotic...it helps so many things including keeping you from being sick!

I take Florastor and that does not need to be refridgerated.  I also have another one that is to be refridgerated.  When I go away and there isn't access to a fridge I just take the florastor.  I have to say since taking probiotics my digestive system has been wonderful.  Plus I heard it is great for complexion and it has been for me.  My dr. did tell me as well that it is ok to take with PNV.

Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • amu1234amu1234 member

I?ve been taking probiotics for several years now due to IBS- they have been the best things ever for me. I now take them with my PNV and have had no problems with them. My OB didn?t seem to have any issues with my taking them either. I actually read that the probiotics can help with the absorption of the minerals in the PNV have since they help create a better balance of bacteria in your stomach.

Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum
  • lavrillavril member
    imageamu1234:

I?ve been taking probiotics for several years now due to IBS- they have been the best things ever for me. I now take them with my PNV and have had no problems with them. My OB didn?t seem to have any issues with my taking them either. I actually read that the probiotics can help with the absorption of the minerals in the PNV have since they help create a better balance of bacteria in your stomach.

Whats the best kind you've found for IBS?

PGAL/PAL welcome

My Ovulation Chart
  • amu1234amu1234 member
    Right now I'm using this one by Original Medicine called Multi-Probiotic. You don't have to put it in the fridge, and it has really been great for me. Prior to this i just took the acidpholus pills and ate Activia everyday- that worked too but it was a pain to have to eat the yogurt  constantly. I'm constantly trying different ones and so far this Multi-Probiotic one has been the best one for me. HTH :)
    Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"