Eco-Friendly Family

When to pack away toys?

I have a few toys I'm thinking of packing away until #3 comes.  We just switched the living room around and could use the extra room. 

The toys are a fisher price musical learning table and a fisher price mirror singing toy.   DS still plays with them occasionally. 

I just don't know what to do with these kinds of toys.  It's not like we have a lot of room left in the garage for them either.  UGH.  

Would you ever get rid of toys like this?  We've had both since Mady and they are well loved so I'd hate to get rid of them entirely.

Any ideas for storage are greatly appreciated!  Or even, places to tuck them out of the way before #3 comes along or in our house now.  Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When to pack away toys?

• Will they fold down flat to fit under a bed?  There's still room under our guest bed and L's bed.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Take out any batteries and store them away in an attic/basement/garage where they won't be exposed to moisture.

Like pp said, if you can take them apart that is a good way to do it. You can put them in one of those plastic bins with lids or in a trash bag with a label on it (so you don't throw it out by mistake).

I would try to keep all of the baby/kid stuff together so that when you want to access it again you don't forget about where something has been stashed.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I guess I should have added, the one toy comes apart but the other is glued together because it wouldn't screw together the right way when we got it.  I could get the one under our bed but not the other.  And we have no basement or really usable attic space.  We do still have closet room but since the one toy is so bulky I think the garage is my best bet.  We'll try it out today and see.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"