3rd Trimester

"get ready" (shower/hair/makeup) before going to hospital?

Tonight I have been having some really strong lower back pain. (it's different then what I normally feel) So I went pee. Then I got up and a a very small amount of liquid leak out. I got in the shower (before turning on the water) & swore even more liquid came out. I am definitally wondering whats up. I have myself convinced it may be the beginning of labor.

Now I have the urge to get completely ready in case it's the real thing! I want to dry & curl my hair, put on makeup, and look cute! I also went all out and shaved everything. I'm starting to think this is crazyness. Anyone else think they will want to get all ready when the time comes?

Photobucket
Landon & Porter
1-10-07 & 5-11-11

Re: "get ready" (shower/hair/makeup) before going to hospital?

• Oh, I will. With DD I was induced, so I was able to shower and things before I went to the hospital, which will probably be likely this time as well. But yeah, I've been showering/shaving/doing my hair every day just incase.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I straightened my hair, shaved my legs & (somehow) my little lady this morning. I even put on mascara and lip gloss. Dh looks at me crazy and my response??? I want him to meet his mom when she looks pretty! LOL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope!  Cuz If I'm pushing for hours I promise my hair will be back in a pony and any makeup I have on will be running down my face! lol! I'll likely look worse if I try to primp! But if I go natural I can just put on some lipgloss and and have DH brush my hair for the pics :)
  • I have this silly image in my head that as soon as I'm done pushing I will whip my headband off, have amazing hair, waterproof mascara/eyeliner still on, & throw on some lip gloss! Haha! Even I am laughing at this thought because I know when it comes down to pain I won't care what I look like. I didn't when I had my DS, so why would I this time. LOL

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • I am having a repeat c/section at 37 weeks for medical reasons. I plan on getting my hair colored and a wax the day before. Who knows when I will feel up to going and getting it done again after delivery. I will put makeup on too.
  • Ya no... When I got to hospital I was 6 cm. Makeup was the last thing on my mind.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagelilmommalcw:

Tonight I have been having some really strong lower back pain. (it's different then what I normally feel) So I went pee. Then I got up and a a very small amount of liquid leak out. I got in the shower (before turning on the water) & swore even more liquid came out. I am definitally wondering whats up. I have myself convinced it may be the beginning of labor.

Now I have the urge to get completely ready in case it's the real thing! I want to dry & curl my hair, put on makeup, and look cute! I also went all out and shaved everything. I'm starting to think this is crazyness. Anyone else think they will want to get all ready when the time comes?

Well, I vomited at least 4 times during labor, had to take a shower while there b/c I was in so much pain, and pushed for 2 hours straight. Then sobbed hysterically once LO was here b/c i was so tired and full of emotion. 

So, no amount of hair curling and makeup would have made me look cute, I pretty much looked  like I had been run over like truck which is exaclty how i felt.

But, if you want to curl your hair and do your makeup- go ahead...Just don't be surprised if you don't look perfect when all is said and done. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I definitely plan on it. Showering, shaving, and especially putting on makeup calms me down. I think it would be helpful. I also like what PP said about wanting baby to meet his Mom looking pretty!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • With DD, my water broke, and then I called, took a quick shower and went to the hospital. My drive isn't far, so I thought it would be nice to at least feel clean for awhile.

This time, I will do the same thing! I still wanted to shower immediately after having her because it had been 26 hours of hard labor/pushing/sweating. But I think I would have felt a lot more gross if I hadn't showered before going in. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelilmommalcw:
    I have this silly image in my head that as soon as I'm done pushing I will whip my headband off, have amazing hair, waterproof mascara/eyeliner still on, & throw on some lip gloss! Haha! Even I am laughing at this thought because I know when it comes down to pain I won't care what I look like. I didn't when I had my DS, so why would I this time. LOL

LOL, everyone else is against me!! The only thing I'm really dreading is if i need IV fluids being all swollen and puffy looking!

• Shower and shave, yes..if I have time. I think makeup is ridiculous knowing that the contractions I had last time were enough to make me sweat and want to pass out. My hair was a rat's nest from being in the bed so long and i'm sure any makeup I put on would've been running down my face and all over the place by the time it was time for pictures with baby. I had the vision of being all made-up and pretty last time and realized that's not realistic unless you're going into a scheduled c/s pretty much.

I'd rather go for the natural look with a little bit of lip gloss if anything, that way I don't look like a wreck with makeup down my face etc. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAngel0423:

imagelilmommalcw:
    I have this silly image in my head that as soon as I'm done pushing I will whip my headband off, have amazing hair, waterproof mascara/eyeliner still on, & throw on some lip gloss! Haha! Even I am laughing at this thought because I know when it comes down to pain I won't care what I look like. I didn't when I had my DS, so why would I this time. LOL

LOL, everyone else is against me!! The only thing I'm really dreading is if i need IV fluids being all swollen and puffy looking!

You really have that naturally beautiful thing going for you though! If I had your complexion & amazing hair I wouldn't even care about makeup and curls!  

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • imageAngel0423:

imagelilmommalcw:

Nah, i'm totally with you. You're being realistic about things! Plus, you will be puffy if you get fluids, but I can tell you that when I look at pictures of me and my son first bonding I don't care about being puffy with rat's nest hair. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelilmommalcw:
    imageAngel0423:

imagelilmommalcw:

You really have that naturally beautiful thing going for you though! If I had your complexion & amazing hair I wouldn't even care about makeup and curls!  

Well thanks girlie Wink a woman after my own heart!

• Maybe we can all use lip stain, the 24 hour kind, it stays on sooo good LOL I am brainstorming ways to make this possible. I think I am really just trying to entertain myself in reality!

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • Maybe I was an exception, but my sis was the same way too. With the exception of a line from the oxygen mask I had to wear, my hair stayed fine. And my make up was fine too. My labor was about 11 hrs, and I pushed for an hour. Obviously, after 11 hrs, with no reapplication of make up or whatever, it didn't look like it did when I checked it, but I wasn't a mess by any means.
  • OK- so I have this "vision" of how my labor will go. Of course I'm sure this is nothing like what will actually happen, lol.

In my "plans" I will take a shower, shave, blow dry my hair and put on makeup.  I will straighten my hair nice but put it in a nice pony tail (my hair will frizz out if it's down and I'm sweating). 

We will see if I actually do any of this when the time comes!

• Shower, yes. The rest of it, hellz nah. 

Major sweat, tears, pissing myself, pooping on a bed, etc. do not a pretty face make.   

• I'll be wearing mascara and blush at least. I even bought a new tube of waterproof mascara. :) I'm not the type to wear makeup to the gym, but If there are going to be pictures, hell yes, I'm wearing makeup! These pictures are forever!
  • lol from the beginning contraction to when DD was born was 90 mins, when we got the the hospital I was already 7cm dilated, had I taken the time for all that she would have been born on my bathroom floor! It was 1am when it started and obviously with it happening so fast contractions were one on top of the other, so even had I wanted to, there's just no way.

• Shower.  Yes.

Shave.  Yes.

Dry hair. Yes.

Makeup.  Heck no!

• I will probably shower, shave and put on a little "natural" makeup.  I will not be wasting time on my hair - a ponytail will suffice but, then again, my hair can be crazy unruly.
  • I wanted to but I had a scheduled C-section and because it is surgery I could not have on any makeup or nail polish.  I was pretty bummed but oh well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nope! I will shower and shave but I do not find a need for make-up. It may just be me since I hardly wear it at all anyways.
  • Bahaha..I did the same thing last night before heading into L&D (which was a false alarm)

But yes I will be applying my face also. Not too concerned about my hair though..I will more than likely throw it in a palm-tree styled pony on top of my head.
    Wink

JennaRosaliePhotography.com | Facebook.com/JennaRosaliePhotography
  • kas80kas80 member

I will shower, shave and put on foundation and mascara before I leave.  I despise having pictures taken of me without foundation on (my skin looks weird without it) and I have worn mascara every day since I was 14 because I have blonde eyelashes that I've always been pretty self conscious of.  So, it will make me feel more comfortable, even if it's totally impractical.

I never do my hair though unless I'm going somewhere special (like a wedding or maybe a dressy date night) so I'd have to say no on that one.  I'll just let it air dry and pull it back like I do 99.9% of the time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD I had a long shower, but more to deal with contrax than anything else.  I did however shave my legs while I was in there, I thought to myself "when is the next time that I'll have time to do this?"  A friend of mine did the same thing too. 

I really wouldn't bother with doing my hair though, a simple ponytail keeps the hair out of your face.  Being "pretty" was the farthest thing on my mind while pushing out my daughter.

Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did with my boys. Picture ready. lol
  • Wait, if you think your water is leaking, shouldn't you be getting checked right away? That is what I've always been told.

But anyways, yes. People thought I was crazy touching up my makeup after 30+ hours of labor with DS before I ended up getting my CS. Umm hello, pictures!

• Hellz no.

This is an event where I may poop in front of strangers. Shaving and doing my hair is not going to be on my radar.

• image.Fancy.:

Wait, if you think your water is leaking, shouldn't you be getting checked right away? That is what I've always been told.

But anyways, yes. People thought I was crazy touching up my makeup after 30+ hours of labor with DS before I ended up getting my CS. Umm hello, pictures!

I thought I did leak a couple time but put a pad on and of course nothing came out after that. Pretty much me just getting my hopes up! 

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • I plan on shaving my legs and my lady bits, and putting on some waterproof eyeliner...other than that, I don't think I'll be too concerned about looking made up. If you're pooping on a table, no amount of makeup or hairspray is going to make you attractive.
    Cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, breast-feeding, C-section Mama Photobucket
  • It may be dumb but yeah I'll do my hair and put on a bit of makeup (concealer, eyeliner, waterproof mascara) to look decent for pictures with her after shes here and of course I will shower and shave. I doubt the hair and makeup will stay pretty but at least it will be better than nothing.

with my light lashes and light skin I look yuck without eyeliner and mascara.

• I'm having a repeat c-section, and have to be at the hospital at 10 am. So heck yeah, I will be doing all that!
  • Shower- yes

Shave- maybe

Hair- no.....a ponytail

Makeup- definitely no 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll probably shower and put on a little bit of makeup beforehand just because it makes me feel good, but I won't count on it lasting through labor.  I am planning a natural childbirth and plan to get in the shower at the hospital from time to time as a way to relax, so makeup or styled hair won't last.  

I won't look picture perfect for the very first photos, but I don't think I'll care.  And I'll be bringing makeup and hair stuff to the hospital so I can clean up after delivery and look nice for when visitors come. 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• With DS, at 2:00 in the morning, when I knew this was it, I took a shower, shaved my legs, blow dried my hair and put on some natural-looking makeup.  We were at the hospital by 3:30 am and he was born at 1:45 pm.  Make up and hair looked good, despite an hour and a half of pushing.  

I'll try to do the same again this time, if time permits.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelilmommalcw:
    Maybe we can all use lip stain, the 24 hour kind, it stays on sooo good LOL I am brainstorming ways to make this possible. I think I am really just trying to entertain myself in reality!

I bought Benefits BeneTint cheek and lip stain for my hospital bag. It is really pretty and looks natural Big Smile I hope to have time to shower, shave and put on a little waterproof makeup before I have to go just because it makes me feel better. Once labor really kicks in then I know I won't care but in the meantime I want to feel as pretty as possible.

• imagelilmommalcw:
    imageAngel0423:

imagelilmommalcw:

I have to say I agree. You look like a natural beauty.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jc51723jc51723 member

imagecynth1:
    I wanted to but I had a scheduled C-section and because it is surgery I could not have on any makeup or nail polish.  I was pretty bummed but oh well.

Same here.  I was going to get one last pedi this weekend (C section on Wednesday), but when I read the pre-op stuff for the C section it said no nail polish, so a good pedi would just go to waste!  And as for makeup, yeah not happening (can't have makeup on anyway).

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"