3rd Trimester

Recommend a good book!

I am dying for a good new book or two to get me through these next few weeks. Recommend your favorite of all time, and a good one you have read recently!

sam & arlo 

Re: Recommend a good book!

• Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlene Harris.  (true blood on HBO is based off them).  Easy reads and entertaining. I am on book 8 of 10.

Pride and prejudice is a favorite of mine as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson love it love it love it!

Since the Harry Potter series if my absolute favorite of all time I will reccommend another author, Daniel Silva.. All of his books are amazing if you like history mixed with suspense : )

Good thread, now that school is over I could use a few suggestions myself!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • did you say you read The Host already? I just finished it and liked it.

Or Water for Elephants.

Oh and I 2nd the Sookie Series. I've read them all and LOVE them. Cannot wait for the next to come out!

• I'm reading The Red Tent right now, which is really good.

• Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin.  The movie comes out Friday.  I'm super excited because this is definitely one of my faves. 

For a serious and deep read, Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld, the writing is amazing!

For feel good fun, Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella.  I also loved the Undomestic Goddess by SK, as well.  

And have you ever read any of Megan McCafferty's series?   It starts with Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings.  Those are great books but the rest of the series is bad. 

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Water for Elephants is a GREAT book!  

Some of my other favorites are:

Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood

Devil in the White City - Erik Larson

Dexter series - Jeff Lindsay

Quirk Classics (Ex: Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, Android Karenina)

Some Young adult novels that are great are most anything by Ellen Hopkins and Speak by Laurie Halsel 

I also like steampunk fiction and my favorite author in that genre is Cherie Priest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • omg books! My Favorite 

I have not read much by james patterson BUT Sunday's at Tiffany's has become a book I love ... especially being pregnant it is all a about a little girls imaginary friend!

If you like a good suspense page turning book I love Kathrine Neville's book "The Eight"  and it has a sequal called "The Fire"

If you like just a good classic novel that is just a fun read " How to Bake a Perfect Life" by Barbra O'Neal will do the trick 

Diana Gabaldon has a really good time travel/historical fiction series called Outlander ... dont be phased by how thick the novels are it is soo worth the read

Also just in general huge fan of Harry Potter.. can never go wrong there! Dan brown and Jodi Picoult are GREAT reads too!  

• imageilovebabyblue:

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin.  The movie comes out Friday.  I'm super excited because this is definitely one of my faves. 

For feel good fun, Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella.  I also loved the Undomestic Goddess by SK, as well.  

And have you ever read any of Megan McCafferty's series?   It starts with Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings.  Those are great books but the rest of the series is bad. 

I keep hearing about this one!

• darmcadarmca member
    imageAprilLynn09:
    imageilovebabyblue:

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin.  The movie comes out Friday.  I'm super excited because this is definitely one of my faves. 

I second the Giffin as a fun read (also any other book she's written). 

For something a little heavier but still good "She's come undone" by Wally Lamb is a huge favorite of mine (but a little twisted).

• pam1005pam1005 member
    Some of my recent favorites from my book club have been The Help, The House at Riverton, and Sarah's Key.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • CygalCygal member
    imageChristinaMT4:

I'm reading The Red Tent right now, which is really good.

Such a good book for someone getting ready to have a baby!

imageLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Blog:image
  • imagedarmca:
    imageAprilLynn09:
    imageilovebabyblue:

I second the Giffin as a fun read (also any other book she's written). 

For something a little heavier but still good "She's come undone" by Wally Lamb is a huge favorite of mine (but a little twisted).

OMG I HATED She's Come Undone.  I put it in my firepit when I was done with it, seriously. 

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCygal:
    imageChristinaMT4:

I'm reading The Red Tent right now, which is really good.

Such a good book for someone getting ready to have a baby!

Yeah, it definitely gets you thinking about life and birth and womanhood.

However, I just finished it and I cried and cried. So it might not be too good for those who are overly emotional, like me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"