May 2011 Moms

what a fun day... found a way to take my mind off going into labor

I just wanted to say first of all how much I love our neighborhood! They do the funnest things for the kids all throughout the year. Today we had a neighborhood garage sale and then Movie in the Park for the kids tonight. They set up a big movie screen and gave out snowcones, cotton candy, and popcorn. Before the sun went down the kids in the neighborhood were running around playing at the park and in the field and then when the sun went down everyone had glow sticks, necklaces, and bracelets and everyone laid on their blankets and watched the movie. It was great, the kids really loved it. 

Our pools open soon and there are kiddie pools and sandboxes plus bigger pools for the adults and big kids with really fun slides and stuff. I'm so thankful for the almost free entertainment (we pay HOA dues twice a year but they aren't bad) and to have something the kids look forward to and never get sick of every year! 

Anywho... I realized today how much better waiting to go into labor is when I stay super busy! I planted in my gardens and am just trying everything I can to keep my mind off it. It works pretty well until bedtime at least when I sit here thinking about how uncomfortable I am! I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore but i'm so glad that I didn't go crazy today like most days trying to "make" myself go into labor- we all know that is not possible. I now know this more than ever since I've tried every trick in the book ;) I am going to do everything in my power to stay busy and take my mind off the pregnancy and approaching due date. 

Hope everyone had a great Saturday! 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: what a fun day... found a way to take my mind off going into labor

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"