Success after IF
Options

Offering cheese to your LO...

Okay, I still have nightmares sometimes about how bad poor D's belly was at the beginning ...

But I offered yogurt and he is loving it.

I am thinking of cheese next... Did you just offer American cheese? ( especially if you are a mom who has a LO with a (former) dairy intolerance?

This may seem like a silly post but I am gun shy! ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Offering cheese to your LO...

• Options

I would probably go with a slice of american. 

Of course, my child has an iron gut, so you may want to wait for other opinions, lol.

• Options

mine didn't have dairy issues but cheese is a big hit with both of them.

i mainly give them cheese sticks, mozzarella and mild cheddar. theo only eats cheese melted in his food (i am going to be pureeing his food until he goes to college) but marlo loves to feed herself and the cheese sticks cut up are perfect for her. i also let her taste whatever i am having and she loves it all, especially feta.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

From one dairy traumatized mama to another...

I tried cheese and it was a sh&t show.  Yogurt is somehow ok, but cheese is still not.  I offered cheddar a while back.... I think I'll give it another try in a bit.

(But I have some dairy issues myself too and somehow I can tolerate yogurt but not cheese, so it might just be inherited)

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My LO uses Similac Sensitive and is ultra gassy, but he likes American cheese.

No issues here.  Good Luck! 

Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    just curious, are you still on Alimentum or were you able to change formulas once he got bigger?  
  • Options

E had a MPI as an infant and when we started cheese, our pedi recommended starting with swiss or another white cheese, but now I can't remember why!

But luckily, she had no problem with any cheese and then completely outgrew the MPI around 13 months.

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am not sure I classify American slices as actual cheese...lol! I buy the organic colby and mild cheddar sticks and slice them up into bite size pieces. It is without question a favorite food. We have no tummy troubles, though. With gut issues, I am not sure if more or less "processed" is better...?
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• Options

I think colby and swiss have less lactose than American. 

C did great with yogurt.  Cheese gave him a bit of gas at first, so we were careful to not give cheese and yogurt on the same day.  It's no problem now.  Also, he loves his milk and drinks it all the time, no issue.  

GL.  I hope D's transition is as seamless.

One last thought- if he's tolerating yogurt, he can probably tolerate similac sensitive (if you haven't switched him already). 

• Options
    We started with organic cheddar from Trader Joe's.  They love sharp Tillamook cheddar, too.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've offered baby-sized "sticks" of mild cheddar and colby-jack.  They love cheese and they love to feed themselves!  DD has been having constipation issues (they started pre-cheese introduction) so I don't offer cheese more than about twice a week.  When I do, though, they go bonkers.  :)

• Options

Colby-jack and string cheese sticks were good first cheeses here (and at daycare - all the kids start with and love those!). They are mild in flavor and Will devours them!! Since trying those, he has moved on to cheddar and basically everything else. He's a cheese machine!

Good luck!

• Options
    CBLCBL member

G had milk protein sensitivities and had no issues with yogurt or cheese.  The proteins are different - hopefully you have a similar experience.

When you say American cheese, do you mean cheese slices?  I wouldn't offer that first.  It's a processed cheese product and if he does have an issue, you won't know if it's because of the dairy or one of the other ingredients.  I'd stick to real cheddar, mozzerella etc.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"