September 2011 Moms

Anyone else *not* like movement sometimes?

I swear I love the kicking rocking and rolling he's doing but sometimes it feels like he's scratching inside my uterus and near my cervix.. its a weird feeling and I am not a fan!

He needs to float on up to the top or something, I know there's room!

Re: Anyone else *not* like movement sometimes?

• lol. I'm sorry "I know there's room!" that made me giggle. I don't feel like my LO is scratching my uterus or anything like that but I do resent the movement a little bit when he starts up as soon as I lay down to go to sleep...or lately he's been kicking me hard enough to wake me up in the middle of the night. But I'll get used to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is pretty much a dance party 10 minutes at a time..on my cervix.  I went from feeling nothing to straight on kicks-no flutters whatsoever. Goodness!
  • Loading the player...
  • This may sound extremely weird, but yesterday it felt like he was kicking uhm.... the "back door" from inside.  Didn't like that one too much.... Tongue Tied
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageaprilfeliz:
    It is pretty much a dance party 10 minutes at a time..on my cervix.  I went from feeling nothing to straight on kicks-no flutters whatsoever. Goodness!
    That's what happened this time.. with DD I had bubbles/flutters first.. this time full on jabs and pokes.. DD also knew just the right spot to kick on my side that made me squirm (not ticklish outside though!) Well see if he finds it but I need him to put the claws away..
  • imageAzrayla:
    imageaprilfeliz:
    It is pretty much a dance party 10 minutes at a time..on my cervix.  I went from feeling nothing to straight on kicks-no flutters whatsoever. Goodness!
    That's what happened this time.. with DD I had bubbles/flutters first.. this time full on jabs and pokes.. DD also knew just the right spot to kick on my side that made me squirm (not ticklish outside though!) Well see if he finds it but I need him to put the claws away..

I will pass on the claws.  Little boy has found out how to make me sit up straight when he kicks the certain spot below.

• sandrarn: Mine is doing the same thing! Very uncomfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekcarter408:

sandrarn: Mine is doing the same thing! Very uncomfortable.

Good to know I'm not the only one!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I saw on my last u/s that her head is RIGHT on my cervix, so it's a little uncomfortable at times.  

I don't really like it when she jumps on my bladder  :) 

• This movement I don't mind, its the kicks in the ribs/lungs that I could live without...
  • I wish my little one would get off my bladder. Peeing 4 times at night is not cool.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagelmjt:
    This movement I don't mind, its the kicks in the ribs/lungs that I could live without...
    Haven't had that luckily .. I've heard horror stories as well of babies breaking bruising ribs.. getting feet stuck upon delivery causing rib damage.. sheesh that's all I pictured when you said that.

To a pp, lo loves to just lounge on my bladder as well.. its super swell!
  • imagelmjt:
    This movement I don't mind, its the kicks in the ribs/lungs that I could live without...

If mine is already kicking this much breech, I can only imagine how amazingly uncomfortable the rib kicks will be when he flips.

• I'm with you - this LO has a tendency to kick what feels like my intestines.  A little strange feeling, that's for sure.

DS always pushed against my hip bones though, so this is still definitely preferable to that!

• I do sometimes wish LO would have his/her little dances sometime OTHER than while I'm trying to fall asleep :)
  • I loved when he moved...until yesterday when I had to have Two stents put in my kidneys and ureters now he wont be still...As soon as I awoke from the surgery I felt him I swear he said " Hey Mom, are you sure this isnt a trampoline!!"
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers babies
  • I feel like LO is mostly just facing forward right side up and kicking me right in the tummy. DH loves it because it's super easy to feel. But now that other people are able to feel it, if a friend of mine feels, LO gets shy and turns around a kicks me in the bladder. As if to say, "I don't want company right now, momma." :)

But I generally end up going to sleep late since I wake up with DH and he gets off work at 11pm, and I don't sleep until then...I'm too exhausted to feel her jabs. But she definitely only stays up when I'm up...which I am *blessed* to have right now! When she starts to fall asleep during the day, I've mastered a technique to wake her up. I pray this is something I can maintain so night sleeping is something natural for her! :D
    BabyName Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage
  • I know I will be singing a different song in a few months but I want more kicks! I just felt my first kicks on Wednesday and nothing really since then :(
    <a href=
  • imageAshley_Tucker:
    I know I will be singing a different song in a few months but I want more kicks! I just felt my first kicks on Wednesday and nothing really since then :(

Ditto here - I got nothin'! Or when I do - I can't tell it's him! I have an anterior placenta though so I'm assuming that doesnt help. It's making me paranoid though and have to use my doppler daily! Just seems like everyone else is feeling it...and me, not so much... 

BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagetwinkle_toez69:

imageAshley_Tucker:
    I know I will be singing a different song in a few months but I want more kicks! I just felt my first kicks on Wednesday and nothing really since then :(

Ditto here - I got nothin'! Or when I do - I can't tell it's him! I have an anterior placenta though so I'm assuming that doesnt help. It's making me paranoid though and have to use my doppler daily! Just seems like everyone else is feeling it...and me, not so much... 

I have an anterior placenta as well. I can feel movement, but only low and on the right side. From the ultrasound, the placenta is high and to the left. If you can remember where yours was, that might help you feel for the movement in the right spot. Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I dont like it when the baby rolls....it makes my stomach drop like when I am going on a fast ride or roller coaster. I love the kicks, but no gymnastics please!
  • The only movement that is uncomfortable for me is when he kicks my cervix. He likes to be feet down, and mostly kicks my cervix. It's the weirdest feeling ever! I feel like a foot is going to come through my vajayjay..
  • imageBroadway1:
    imagetwinkle_toez69:

imageAshley_Tucker:

I have an anterior placenta as well. I can feel movement, but only low and on the right side. From the ultrasound, the placenta is high and to the left. If you can remember where yours was, that might help you feel for the movement in the right spot. Good luck!

Thanks! I go again in a week or so, so I will remember to ask them!! That helps! 

BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJo&Matt6609:
    The only movement that is uncomfortable for me is when he kicks my cervix. He likes to be feet down, and mostly kicks my cervix. It's the weirdest feeling ever! I feel like a foot is going to come through my vajayjay..

This!

• Yep, she sometimes kinda feels like she is kicking at my vagina and trying to get out RIGHT NOW!

• I love the kicks and rolls and dance parties.  I don't like being kicked in the bladder or the full body slams where I swear you can see him making my belly move with him.  i thought it was too early for his movements to be visible.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"