Parenting
Options

DH forgot my birthday :(

My brother called me last night after midnight to wish me a happy birthday.  DH just sat there and was like, wait what day is it?  I thought I had the weekend.... now today he hasn't even wished me a happy birthday or had the kids say happy birthday to me.  Its basically a regular saturday, get things done around the house.  I never expect much from him but this hurts :(

just needed to get that off my chest.

Re: DH forgot my birthday :(

• Options
    That sucks, but did you tell him?  Tell him what you wanted, what you wanted to do?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

yup,  dinner with friends.  It aint happening

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sucks.  But rather than ignore it and keep your frustration bottled up I would say something to him.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know your pain. Happens in my house all the time.  Happy birthday and try to enjoy your day!! Maybe tell him you're headed out for a while on your own to celebrate your birthday and see what he says.  Good luck.
    Christmas 2009 image
  • Options

imageCTFandme:
    I know your pain. Happens in my house all the time.  Happy birthday and try to enjoy your day!! Maybe tell him you're headed out for a while on your own to celebrate your birthday and see what he says.  Good luck.

Absolutely this.  Go get a pedi, or to Starbucks with a nice book to have some down time.  My DH forgot my birthday one time (he'd been working 7 days/wk) but he felt SO bad and was very apologetic.  Sounds like your DH isn't even trying, and that's not very kind, esp. when he knows you'd like to do. 

• Options

I don't remember WHAT you used to post but I do remember it always left me thinking "Man, I wish they would get counseling/she would move on"  This just adds to that feeling for me!  :(

Sorry he's a douche -- I hope you are able to have some what of a Happy Birthday!

• Options

imageCTFandme:

This. Sorry he forgot and I hope you're able to take some time to yourself and enjoy your day despite his thoughtlessness! 

• Options

Happy Birthday to you! I am so sorry your H is an asshat. You really do deserve so much better, I wish you believed this yourself.

Go celebrate. Do something nice for you. :-) 

• Options
    Ditto everyone else - I hope by now he's changed his tune.  Happy Birthday!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersimageimage
  • Options
    Happy Birhtday, and ditto Jodi. I hope you find time to spoil yourself. To your post, you SHOULD except more from him.
    DD 7.28.06 * DS 3.29.10

Christmas 2011
  • Options

Today is my birthday too.  My husband remembered, but despite telling me he was going to plan something (it's my 40th) I ended up having to plan dinner with friends tonight at the last minute.  He also didn't get me a card or gift or anything.  Then he's sick this weekend (a f'ing cold... wimp) and we had to cancel our/my plans.

I left and got a mani/pedi and left the kids with him this afternoon.  He did go out and get a cake and hats and plates while I was gone.  Not enough.... Angry

Happy Birthday!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh, hells no....Sorry your DH is such a jerk :(  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Party!!!

FWIW, I always have HIGH expectations for my bday since I go all out for everyone else's bdays.  I make it clear what I want/ expect. If DH did nothing, he would be signing some annullment papers!!

SAHM to 2 boys (3 & 16 yrs) & 2 girls (5 & 8 yrs)

Our Angel Boy- m/c in 2007 @ 9wks due to Trisomy 17
  • Options

Thanks all.  I had a baby shower to go to for  bit this afternoon so that took up some of the day.  While I was gone he realized he didn't actually MISS my birthday he just got it mixed up with yesterday or something like that so then he was mad at me for a while (I guess I made him feel bad some how)  Not really sure how that works.  While I was gone he went out and got me a present(not the one I sent him a link to a month ago) and said we will do something nice next weekend.  In his defense I know he is sick but I really would have just loved a really sincere happy birthday and maybe even a home made card from the boys.  He was feeling pretty crappy tonight so the boys and I went to my brothers house for dinner with my family and I my SIL was able to get a couple jabs in about how I should be watching the boys better so that was nice.  I was able to end the night prepping for a birthday cake I am making for my neighbor tomorrow.  That should turn out pretty nice though.   Well off to bed so I can pretend today never happened.

• Options
    Wow. I'm sorry. That all really sucks. I hope you can find some strength to stand up for yourself, because that's what it's going to take.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"