November 2011 Moms

What are you keeping a secret?

Are you keeping the gender a secret from others? Or from yourselves? ;) What about the name?

We have decided to keep baby's name a secret until birth. We learned from the last go round that all the "input" people give on your choice of names is quite annoying. Plus we think it will be nice to have something special when baby is born. :)

What are you keeping a secret, if anything?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are you keeping a secret?

• H and I have totally decided yet, but we'll most likely keep both the sex and the name of the baby to ourselves.  If we share the sex, we'll definitely keep the name a secret.
    m/c @ 6 weeks - March 2013 
    m/c @ 5 weeks - April 2013 
    m/c @ 7 weeks - December 2013, D & C 12/27/2013 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I stink at secret keeping.... even if I wanted to keep any of it a secret I know i couldn't!! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I worry that after I find out the sex it would be really easy for me to slip and refer to baby as "he" or "she" accidentally at some point! It would be just like me to do that. ;)
  • I have a big mouth and I cant keep anything a secret because I get so excited.

One lesson I did learn though that next time I get pregnant with another baby, I'm keeping my mouth shut until at least 10-11 weeks. Last time I spilled the beans the second the test came back positive and then I was a nervous wreck praying everything works out ok because I didnt want to go back to everyone I told and tell them that were no longer prego. Our family would have been crushed. 

Luckily everything worked out for us thus far but it was so hard seeing some ladies saying goodbye on this board early on. Never want to go through that again!

BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 @ 5w
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
  • I think dh and I want to find out but keep it a secret from our families. We have 3 boys already and they will probably think we are expecting another boy. I'm a good secret keeper, dh is not though so he might blab.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Olalala I just wanted to tell you...with our last pregnancy we decided to tell no one until 13 weeks. We ended up miscarrying at 10, and it was absolutely devastating to go through it alone. We told our family because I had to have surgery and we were staying with my parents while our house was being built, so of course we couldn't keep it a secret.

I think people think it would be easier to go through it alone and not tell anyone, but it isn't. You still end up telling people you were pregnant and miscarried, and that is just an awful thing to do. People are sad but not as devastated as you are and I felt like I got "jipped" out of all of people's happy reactions that we had been feeling the past 6 weeks, and that no one was as sad as I was, which sounds bad but it hurts and I wanted people to be just as sad as I was.

SO with this one we told early, and decided if something bad happened at least we would not be alone.

Just my two cents!

• I may opt to stay Team Green. Mostly because, if it is a girl, I don't want a ton of pink stuff. I hate the color pink! 

If we do opt to find out the gender, we will keep the name a secret.  

• We're planning on making the gender public, but keeping the name a secret. That's gonna be hard though, even now, when we're talking about names we like, it's hard to keep those a secret!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Photobucket
    Caleb Jonathan
    Born November 30, 2011

The Winking of an Eye
    A blog about the mommyhood, wifehood and lifehood of a misplaced Minnesotan in SoCal
  • We don't share the name until after the birth... Mostly because we tend to favor uncommon names and want it attached to the baby so no one can poop on our choice. 

We do joke that we're keeping the gender a secret from my MIL, but that's because she keeps hounding me to have a boy.  

• Yes, we are keeping the name a secret too. DH's boss told us his experience with the name of his son and how so many people weighed in on it. But honestly, we didn't even name DD until the day after (she was born at 11:04pm). And we had 6 names to choose from. DH was not very cooperative durning the name process.
  • We plan to share the sex as soon as we find out, but we're keeping the name to ourselves.  Almost everyone in my family knows that I've always wanted to name a girl after my grandmother, so if it's a girl, they'll already know the name.  I'll pretend we're still considering others, but I doubt anyone will believe me.

I'm curious to see what my family *thinks* I'll name a boy.  I'm a fairly nontraditional person, so they may be expecting something out of the ordinary.  They may be surprised by our traditional choice.

• I'm keep the sex a secret until I tell my husband. (He's deployed) Since it can take up to a week or in between talking to him it is going to be VERY hard to not tell. And I've already blabbed the names we picked. I am HORRIBLE at keeping secrets. Christmas is hell for me.
  • We won't keep anything a secret-- we'll share the sex and the name, just like we did with DS. If people don't like the name we choose, too bad. It's not their baby. Smile 

• We're going Team Green as well because this is our first and I don't want everything pink or everything blue. I would like to think that I'll be keeping names to ourselves, but I may have a hard time doing that. I know there are a few people who I won't be sharing the name with because they don't have the ability to keep their mouths shut about their opinions. And I also want a couple options doing into delivery because I don't think I'll be able to decide until I meet him or her.

• For sure we're keeping the name a secret.  I haven't decided if we're going to find out the gender yet, but we'll for sure tell people if we do find out.  It's the annoying input and comments and suggestions on names that I don't want to deal with.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I think we will find out the sex, but keep it to ourselves. I don't want clothes at my shower at all especially since there is a very sophisticated clothing tree among the mothers at work and we will be getting boxes and boxes of stuff. Usually in my circle if people don't know the sex, they stay away from clothes. It's not very exciting to shop for the yellow and green stuff, and those sections are so small. 
  • imageLemmon_ade12:
    We're planning on making the gender public, but keeping the name a secret. That's gonna be hard though, even now, when we're talking about names we like, it's hard to keep those a secret!

Completely THIS!  We are keeping the name a secret mainly because I don't want other people's input/reaction/opinion on the name that my husband and I choose for OUR child.  I've seen this happen with friends. 

• We're not finding out the gender, and will probably only tell names to close family & friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"