Multiples

Twins will be #2 & 3, what to buy?

We havea DD who will be 2 in a month.  All of the main baby stuff we got for her is neutral in color.  We are team green again this time and we have lots of gender neutral clothes that DD wore, plus I kept a lot of her clothes and we have friends who have 2 boys and they gave us a bunch of newborn and 0-3 month boy clothes.  So we are set on clothes for a bit.  As far as big stuff goes, the same friends gave us their infant carseat which is the same brand as ours so we can get a double stroller to fit identical carseats and a bumbo seat (we had one for DD).  We still have DD's pack and play and we are getting a second one from my friend who is also done having babies.  We have a swing and a bouncy seat.  I'm thinking about waiting to get second ones of those until we find out what the babies like.  One might like the swing and the other might like the bouncy seat so we might not need a second of either.  I want to get another Baby Einstein floor play gym thingy , Baby Bjorn, and boppy, more for propping the babies on, not so much for BFing.  And we'll definitely need at least one more high chair but we can wait a bit on that, DD might be sitting in a regular chair by the time the babies are sitting in high chairs.  Am I forgetting anything?  Oh, we will be getting new nursery furniture for the babies.  But anything else? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Twins will be #2 & 3, what to buy?

• Swaddle blankets? We use a lot of fleece blankets cause we keep the temperature at 74 at our house and they sleep better in the cold and fleece swaddled Nd we use cotton ones when we go out. Did you get a bath tub? Towels? Washcloths? Highly recommend the automatic nose pump, they tend to be very cloggy at night the first few weeks at night and bc their noses are so tiny you might need to suction it out bc they tend to still have some fluids in their chest after birth. Best thing we ever bought! Also, nail clipper, wash clothes? lots of baby socks you'll end up losing a few throughout the house lol and their feet gets cold! :-P hmm.. That's all I can think of as of now that are IMO really important. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You will absolutely need another bouncy seat.  I have put two exersaucers to great use as well.  Get two new boppies.  Emerson loves to sit on hers when I have the babies propped up playing on the floor.

Swings....We had our old one and bought another.  We ended up going through those and buying two more.  All of my children learned to sleep through the night in the swings.  None of them had issues with the transition from swing to crib. 

I would also get several more packs of burp rags and invest in another 6-12 bottles if you're formula feeding. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageougrad1:

You will absolutely need another bouncy seat.  

I second this!  We did not buy a second one right away, but now we can't live without it.  It is nice to feed the babies in it (if you formula feed).  Also, my favorite is placing each baby in a bouncy and bouncing them with my feet.  I can fold laundry or do work on my computer than way.

I second the swing, but I have never had a baby not like a swing.  I have heard it happens, but I have never seen it.  The second boppy for propping is also a great idea!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • So weird that my boys aren't huge fans of bouncies cause it seems to be the case. Swings yes two please. ;) but I would wait to make sure. And boppies two for sure!!! My life savers! But u know my prize possesion? An exercise ball! I bounce the kids on it! They love it!
  • all we got, besides furniture for their room + sheets to match, etc...

-another high chair (wanted it to match and the pattern almost retired- we were lucky we got it when we did... so if you want them to match- don't wait)

-another bouncy seat

-another bumbo seat & Boppy pillow

-another booster seat (for eating at friend's houses, etc)

and of course another infant seat.... and double strollers, too.

We never used 2 floor mats - they shared one at a time.... and we had one exersaucer and one jumperoo and used them next to each other- switched them up, etc.

Griffin was 2y2mo when the twins were born. He was out of the high chair by the time the twins were using one.

We got some more miracle blankets, too... and got 2 packs of Aden & Anais muslin blankets so we'd have 8 of them- we LOVE those, still.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • jendbjendb member

imagebellasmom27:
    Highly recommend the automatic nose pump, they tend to be very cloggy at night the first few weeks at night and bc their noses are so tiny you might need to suction it out bc they tend to still have some fluids in their chest after birth. Best thing we ever bought!

What brand did you get?

• imagejendb:

imagebellasmom27:
    Highly recommend the automatic nose pump, they tend to be very cloggy at night the first few weeks at night and bc their noses are so tiny you might need to suction it out bc they tend to still have some fluids in their chest after birth. Best thing we ever bought!

What brand did you get?

Jenb I wanna say Graco, we bought it at Walgreens, baby aisle. I love that thing, most times they wake up at night bc of their noses and even if they sound fine breathing there are boogers deep in their nostrils so I spray little noses first then suction and they sleep good ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"