South Florida Babies

Neuropsychologist recs?

I know there a few doctors and neurologist patients on the board... but has anyone seen a neuropsychologist?  I'm nearing my 4 year anniversary date of my stroke, but I'm noticing a lot of problems I'm still having- emotionally and with my memory.  Where I had the clot really altered some of the way I handle situations emotionally... I didn't think much of it, but after reaching out to a few stroke survivor support groups, I've seen that this is a residual side effect to what I went through.  I never had this problem before.  I'm also noticing more and more my short term memory is completely awful.  Students will come into my classroom and I'll ask them why they're late and they'll tell me they were already in the class, but I gave them permission to use the bathroom... and I have no recollection.  I really need to see a neuropsych about this. 

any recs? 

Re: Neuropsychologist recs?

• oh Jenny, I'm so sorry!! I feel for you as I know I have residual effects of my own neurological events. The office I go to does neuropsych stuff I believe. I see Dr. Rosenzweig but all of the ones I have met with there have been very nice. They're in Ft. Lauderdale. https://www.neurologicconsultantspa.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• I have a consult with one on 5/18.  I'll look for the name and number and let you know.  This is who my neurologist is sending me to. 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGenaAndJosh:
    I have a consult with one on 5/18.  I'll look for the name and number and let you know.  This is who my neurologist is sending me to. 

that would be great! Thanks, Gena.  My neurologist didn't have any recs :-/

• imagekarenlisa714:
    oh Jenny, I'm so sorry!! I feel for you as I know I have residual effects of my own neurological events. The office I go to does neuropsych stuff I believe. I see Dr. Rosenzweig but all of the ones I have met with there have been very nice. They're in Ft. Lauderdale. https://www.neurologicconsultantspa.com/

Thank you!!  Ft. Lauderdale's a little far, but not too bad :) 

• Mine is actually in the Broward area too.  the number is 954-927-9555.  I can't believe that your neurologist did not have a recommendtion for you.....What did he/she say when you mentioned that you want to go to one?

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"