Maryland Babies
Options

IVF moms

Good Morning!

I was hoping to get some opinions on IVF facilities from some of you that have had a successful pregnancy with this procedure. I know of two in my area, Dominion and Shady Grove. I've been to Shady Grove in the past for a workup and consult, but that was about it for my infertility facility experiences.

Long story short, I have had 2 m/c and one ectopic along with lapro surgery on my right tube so it will be VERY hard to try and GP again on my own after the surgery, so IVF is my last shot at trying to have a successful pregnancy. Any opinions would be great. Thanks :)

Re: IVF moms

• Options

Hello,

I am not an IVF mom, but friends of ours went to a place in Virginia, I am assuming it was Dominion, as they live in Bowie. At any rate, they had a really great experience and successfully conceived twins.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I don't have personal experience with Shady Grove for IVF, but we did infertility testing there and had planned to do IUI with SG when our testing was complete, but we ended up with a spontaneous pregnancy. I can't say enough good things about them and if it came to it, I wouldn't think twice about going back there for IUI/IVF.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do not have experience with IVF but we were seen by an RE at the johns hopkins fertility clinic. They were great to work with and definitely plan on using them again. They're located in the lutherville area.  
     Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Hi,

I highly recommend the Fertility Center of Maryland. I've been with them for a year and it's a smaller clinic with very personalized attention in Towson right off the beltway.  Good luck!!

• Options

imageSarahKate31:
    I don't have personal experience with Shady Grove for IVF, but we did infertility testing there and had planned to do IUI with SG when our testing was complete, but we ended up with a spontaneous pregnancy. I can't say enough good things about them and if it came to it, I wouldn't think twice about going back there for IUI/IVF.

Ditto this - pretty much to the word!!  We didn't end up needing IUI or IVF but Shady Grove was so wonderful that if we ended up needing help that's where we'd be headed.

lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Options
    the fertility center of maryland is amazing.  while i did not go through the ivf process, i did other procedures with them that resulted in the pregnancy of my now 8 month old.  the staff there is amazing.... there is a lot of one on one attention throughout the entire process.  good luck to you.
  • Options
    I had IUI at Shady Grove and absolutely love them.  I also can't say enough good things about them.  I had my laproscopy and hystroscopy through SG and needless to say everything turned out great.  I was seen in the Bel Air office but I've also heard great things about the Columbia office.
  • Options
    Thank you for your opinions ladies, hopefully IVF does the trick!
  • Options
    I conceived through Shady Grove Fertility. They are awesome, friendly, very supportive and helpful. I conceived my first time doing IVF!!! I am still in disbelief about the whole situation to this day. Every question got answered. Every phone call was returned..I was updated about everything..i.e how my embryos were doing. They were just awesome. They are patiently awaiting the birth of the baby just as much as I am. They made me promise to bring her in with pictures!! They love all their success stories
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    magspmagsp member

I can't say enough good things about Shady Grove.  I used the GBMC office and Dr. Katz was my doctor.  I went to two other RE's before Shady Grove.  I found them to be compassionate and helpful.  The experience can be tough, but for me it was a really positive one.  I had one m/c, two failed IUI's, and one IVF.  I am now 10 weeks pregnant with twins.

Good luck!  You will know when you find the right place for you 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"