High-Risk Pregnancy

GD: numbers going down

The past few days I have been getting lower numbers than normal..  Fasting has been around 72.... after meals in the 80's and low 90's.  Not that I am complaining....but is it true numbers go down as your get closer to your due date?  I am 3 weeks away.  

Re: GD: numbers going down

• That means you are past the period of peak insulin resistance!  Yay for you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They definitely can get lower as you get closer to your due date. My dr wanted me to call if that happened just so they could check the placenta and make sure it was still functioning properly, but said it was much more likely my body was finally getting with the program blood sugar-wise :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagememali26:
    They definitely can get lower as you get closer to your due date. My dr wanted me to call if that happened just so they could check the placenta and make sure it was still functioning properly, but said it was much more likely my body was finally getting with the program blood sugar-wise :)

That's what I was worried about....no one said anything about the placenta to me but I have read about that.  He's been somewhat quieter today too.  I am probably freaking out about nothing.  If he keeps being slower I will call. 

• Happened to me too with a couple higher days in the mix until the end, but I could eat a lot more too so I took advantage.  Btw, even non-gd placentas start to break down towards the end.  Although I know insulin can speed this up (not sure about other meds since I was diet-controlled). 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechicsub:
    Happened to me too with a couple higher days in the mix until the end, but I could eat a lot more too so I took advantage.  Btw, even non-gd placentas start to break down towards the end.  Although I know insulin can speed this up (not sure about other meds since I was diet-controlled). 

I am all diet controlled too...no meds or insulin.... 

• My numbers have been lower lately as well.  I am due May 7, but have a scheduled section for Monday.  I reported all my numbers to my doctor at my appointment this past Monday and she didn't say anything about the placenta.  I am on insulin at dinner and bedtime and she didn't change that either.  All my fasting numbers are now 60-70 and post meals range 70's-100's. This started about 10 days I'm not sure if this is normal, although MD was not concered, but either way you are not alone.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sure everything is fine - like others have said, it's pretty common for numbers to fall close to your due date. I only mentioned the placenta breaking down because you're still several weeks from your due date, so it might be something to ask about at your next appt. Maybe your baby is just getting impatient and wants out a little early ;)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • huh, I thought I read that numbers go up as you get further along and become harder to control.  I'm still fairly new to GD though so I don't know much.  I'm currently diet controlled as well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageCantWait2B...:
    huh, I thought I read that numbers go up as you get further along and become harder to control.  I'm still fairly new to GD though so I don't know much.  I'm currently diet controlled as well.

Numbers do get harder to control as you get father along because the placenta is growing and producing more hormones. But, quite a few women have experienced falling numbers within a week or two of going into labor. Another weird GD phenomenon.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"