November 2011 Moms
Options

baby bargains

anyone have copy? is it worth it?

I am trying to decide what we NEED vs what we WANT. I want to buy some things before we move in June (smaller things) but don't want to go nuts. I thought maybe this book would help guide me?

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

Re: baby bargains

• Options
    I used it for my first pregnancy and I thought it was great. I used most of the advice in it to buy a lot of the big ticket items, like carseat, stroller, crib, etc. I would definitely buy it or borrow it from someone you know that has it. It helped me a lot! That was the older version, but I am sure the newer version is just as good.
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Definitely get it! It was a lifesaver when we were purchasing big things for DD!

It lists almost every product you would need, rates them in an unbiased manner, and has items in every price range.

My sister refused to buy it for whatever reason...and my parents almost bought her a crib that isn't rated very well. I looked it up and suggested they pick out a different brand.

If I only picked up one book during my pregnancy, this would've been it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    thanks, guys! I will buy it for sure Smile
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    I just got it this week and it has been helpful:) I can see myself referencing this for all of our big purchases!
  • Options
    I just picked up a copy last week too and I love it so far.  A lot of it is common sense, but it give you a "big picture" perspective on what you really need and what isn't worth it.  I think in combination with talking to other moms and reading a ton of reviews, it will definitely help.
  • Options
    You can also probably get a copy from your library, if you are looking to save $.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"