May 2011 Moms
Options

ML Decision

So my due date is Monday and I can't decide whether I should keep on going at work or just take the time off.  Part of me thinks that I'd rather keep busy at work and not be so focused on when LO will come.  Mostly worried I'll be bored at home.  Also, I feel like I could regret it when I have to go back to work earlier and think about how I could have spent the days with LO instead.  I'm only fingertip dilated and 50% effaced, so I'm worried I could still have awhile until he makes an appearance, so I worry about how much time I would actually be taking off... 

At the same time I am exhausted and love the thought of being able to sleep in and get things done around the house.  I'm a school counselor and the stress of my job has really been getting to me lately, so I'm feeling like I do need a little time to myself.  But am I being selfish?  Arg!

Any advice from those who left early or worked past their due date would be much appreciated!

Re: ML Decision

• Options

I don't get many paid days off, so I am working up until I have the baby. It's not terrible, and keeping busy helps me pass the days! If I had the paid time off to take, I would take it!

Don't worry too much about being sleep deprived once baby gets here. I remember getting a lot of sleep when I was home on leave with DD. Even though newborns don't sleep for long periods of time, they sleep a lot during the course of a day. I just learned to sleep when she slept, and felt pretty good most days! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was planning on going until the bitter end, but changed my mind and will quit the Friday before my Monday due date.  It's really uncomfortable for me to sit in my chair all day without being able to nap or put my feet up.  I have kind of a high stress job with deadlines (grant writing), a high maintenance tense boss and a long commute and I'm just ready to be done.  I still have two weeks to go, but I'm feeling really good about this decision.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I worked until the bitter end. If you are able to, do it and save your time for when the baby is here. GL!
  • Options
    I worked until Friday (due tomorrow) I'm looking forward to the rest and being able to get stuff done around the house (assumings he'll be at least a few days late). I'm a Physical therapist at a rehab center/ nursing facility so it's a lot of bending/lifting and I really didn't want labor to start at work.  It was getting to the point where I was super uncomfortable by the end of the day and I wasn't able to keep up with my caseload as well (thank God for my assistant!) so I am glad Friday was my last day!!  This way I can be sure there is no laundry to be done when we get home, dishes are washed, and house is tidy.  When I work I do NOTHING around the house! I've already had a power weekend, so I'll likely just rest and catch up on some reading Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My last day was Friday but I'm not due until May 15th. I work as an Early Childhood Educator and by the end I was too sore and big to keep up with all 19 of my 3 1/2 to 6 year olds! I miss them already but I'm glad with my choice to take the two weeks. We also moved Friday so I'm only just getting to set things up now and finally able to feel ready to have a baby. I do have a 52 week mat leave though so DH wasn't worried about be being done a little early to get ready

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"