March 2011 Moms
Options

Mini pill users

Did you spot during the first week of taking the pills or did you start your period?  I can't tell if this is heavy spotting or the real deal.  No cramping or anything, but enough bleeding to wear a thin pad.  It's weird that it's almost been a year since AF and I really hope she isn't returning. 
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mini pill users

• Options
    I definitely bled the first week on the pill (jolivette). I thought I was getting my period because it was a bit heavy but then it went away. It lasted for about 5 days. Not sure but I don't think it was AF. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Are we supposed to get a period after the 4 weeks of taking it or no?
  • Options
    I was told by my OB that I shouldn't be getting AF while bf and taking the mini pill. I am on pack two already and knock on wood nothing yet! 
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet Baby #2! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

AF returned for me at 5 weeks PP (unfortunately).  I started taking the mini pill at 7 weeks PP.  I had some minor spotting at first, but a week later I started bleeding pretty heavily (as in sudden gush while leaving church on Easter... totally caught me off guard).  It lasted about 3 days and then tapered off.  I think it's pretty normal to spot or even have some AF-like bleeding when you start taking it.

As far as getting AF, my OB told me that eventually I should be getting it during the fourth week of every pack but that it may not happen right away.

• Options
    I am so glad someone posted this! I have been wondering all day! Is anyone else having slight cramping along with the bleeding?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You all sound luckier than me. I have stopped bleeding since my c-sectoon. In the second week of my mini-pill pack (about 4 weeks PP), the bleeding turned and has stayed bright red. I called my OB and they said that break thru bleeding is common for up to the first 4 packs! I am not sure this is worth it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"