Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Anyone who's here - T&P for me and DH

I am not usually one to spill  my emotions all over the internet, but...

I just found out that my husband's grandfather passed away this evening. We found out this afternoon that they were putting him on life support, but we all thought he would hang on a little longer than this. My husband  thought the world of his grandpa, and I just know he is going to be heartbroken when he hears the news. He's at work and his dad called me and asked me what he should do - if he should call him at work, or wait until he gets home, whether they should tell him or I should. We decided I would tell him, so someone would be with him in person. So, I am just waiting for him to get home. This is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. If you have any encouraging words, I'll take em. Along with any thoughts and prayers, if you pray.

Thank  you ladies.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Photobucket

Re: Anyone who's here - T&P for me and DH

• I'm so so sorry for your loss.  T&P for your DH and yourself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry. That is so sad. T&P coming your way!
    Lucas 11/10/2010 I Donovan 10/09/2007 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ReaLIZAtions
  • Loading the player...
  • T&P, you're a strong woman for taking a responsibility like that.  I'm sorry for your loss.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Oh boy, BIG hugs to you. I can't imagine how worried you are. Take a deep breath and just be there for him. He has to find out eventually and it's best he hear it from the person he loves most.

I'll be thinking and praying for you both. So sorry about his grandpa.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wish there was some way of making it easier. Just go with his feelings. If he wants to cry,hold him.If he wants space just let him know you are there when he does need you.

I am so sorry that you are going through this.Sorry for your loss babe. <3 ((hugs))

• imagebeccs98:

Oh boy, BIG hugs to you. I can't imagine how worried you are. Take a deep breath and just be there for him. He has to find out eventually and it's best he hear it from the person he loves most.

That's what we were thinking. I think he would want to know as soon as possible, but we thought him having to hear it at work with no one to really comfort him from his parents over the phone wouldn't be the best idea.

Thanks for the hugs. 

Photobucket
  • imagejessakris:
    imagebeccs98:

Oh boy, BIG hugs to you. I can't imagine how worried you are. Take a deep breath and just be there for him. He has to find out eventually and it's best he hear it from the person he loves most.

That's what we were thinking. I think he would want to know as soon as possible, but we thought him having to hear it at work with no one to really comfort him from his parents over the phone wouldn't be the best idea.

Thanks for the hugs. 

Yeah. Speaking as someone who got very similar news in such a way (at work on the phone), it was pretty awful. He would either have to keep working, or would have to tell his boss, and make his way home feeling awful. There's just no great way in doing it, but I think you're doing the best possible way.

Deep breaths and hugs to you both. I hope it goes as well as possible. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • T&P for both of you. I am glad you decided to wait to tell him until someone is with him. My dad called to tell me my grandpa died and I was alone. It was the worst thing ever. Just be there for him. If this is the first time he has lost someone close to him, he may not know how to react, or it may not seem real to him until he is around his family. You will be in my prayers tonight. Sorry you are going through this.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JDOJDO member
    I'm sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.
  • T&P to you.

And, OMGosh your baby is cute. 

• Thanks to everyone else who responded as well. It really does mean a lot. I don't know what I am going to do with myself for the next hour. :/
    Photobucket
  • imagejessakris:
    imagebeccs98:

Thanks for the hugs. 

you are doing the right thing...my sister found out at the age of 20 at work that her father was found dead on his kitchen floor. she was the only manager on duty and she was a wreck! there is nothing you can do to make it better right now so it's better to let him deal with it at home.

and he'll probably know just by the look on your face if you two know each other the way my hubby and i do!

• RitaT22RitaT22 member
    I am so sorry for your loss. I think you are doing the right thing by waiting to tell him in person.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Know that you are making a huge difference in just telling him in person. I had to find out my brother died over the phone because I was in Oklahoma and he and my parents were in Kansas, it was probably a lot harder because I really didn't have anyone down there I could lean on. That being said, a PP mentioned following his cues, if he wants to cry, be there, if he wants space, give him a kiss on the cheek and tell him that if he wants anything, all hes gotta do is ask. Believe me, even if it seems like you're not being a help, just being there will make a world of difference.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"