November 2011 Moms

It really bugs me when.....

I see a baby not in a carseat! I saw a mustang at the gas station and it looked like a mom and dad in there with a baby. They rolled down the window and sure enough, dad was holding a 3 month old baby in the passenger side and they took off! I just can't believe some people, not to reguard life like that...you may be the best driver, but doesn't mean someone won't hit you and kill the baby!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It really bugs me when.....

• Not that they could do much about it, but I'd take down the plate number and call the cops.  No excuse for something like that.
  • imageClaraEarlene:
    Not that they could do much about it, but I'd take down the plate number and call the cops.  No excuse for something like that.

Yeah I did. But who knows what happened with that.

• Loading the player...
  • imagembaby1980:

imageClaraEarlene:
    Not that they could do much about it, but I'd take down the plate number and call the cops.  No excuse for something like that.

You did your part.  At least there will be a record of your report, so if they do get caught doing it again in the future, they'll likely get more than a warning. 

• If my husband (cop) saw something like that he would FLIP. He would prob ticket them and wait there until someone came with a car seat.
  • Ugh, that's disgusting. And yet ANOTHER reason why I think there should be some kind of test before someone can become a parent.
  • I am very stringent about car seats. I don't play and have called police to report people for not properly harnessing their children in their vehicles.

As a daycare provider, I make every effort to educate my parents on how to properly harness their children and have adjusted car seats when I have to transport. Breaks my heart when my parents give excuses for why they're not following the car seat laws. 

• And I hate hate hate when you are driving down the road and see a young kid bouncing all over the car.  Jumping up and looking at mom, sliding from seat to seat...but if they have a wreck and the kid goes through the window, they'll sue the car company for not having strong enough glass.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • jb2rnjb2rn member
    I hate that too. Even with older kids, I hate seeing 8-10 year olds in the front seat, it's so not smart.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• imageMrsG.060708:
    Ugh, that's disgusting. And yet ANOTHER reason why I think there should be some kind of test before someone can become a parent.

I completely agree!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagembaby1980:

imageClaraEarlene:

My interpretation of your comment is that you feel nothing was done with it.  Working for 911 I can assure you that is a priority to many officers.  In fact, we regularly try to delay vehicles from leaving so they do get caught. (majority of these calls from from drive-thrus).  I'm happy that you called it in and I honestly believe most officers would look for the vehicle.

• call the cops? i would not go that far lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"