Pregnant after IF

Baby Bag for hospital... what am I missing?

I am still procrastinating about packing my and DH's hospital bag. But I have done the baby bag now. 

Here is what I have included:

- Baby wipes (64 pack)
- Size 1 diapers (approx 40)... the nurse told us to not bother with newborn size
- vaseline
- 3 trail packages of shampoo/soap
- hand sanitizer
- newborn size clothes (long sleeve onsie, short sleeve onsie, footed pants, footed sleeper, hat)
- 3mth size clothes (long sleeve onsie, short sleeve onsie, footed pants, footed sleeper, hat)... just in case baby is really big
- 3 receiving blankets

Am I missing anything for baby?  Should I add in the pacifiers (I will be EFF)?

Thanks!

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Bag for hospital... what am I missing?

• Do you need to bring wipes? I was under the assumption that they would provide you with that. I could be wrong though =)

Is the hand sanitizer for visitors? (Good Idea!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSallyAnneS:

I am still procrastinating about packing my and DH's hospital bag. But I have done the baby bag now. 

Here is what I have included:

- Baby wipes (64 pack)
    - Size 1 diapers (approx 40)... the nurse told us to not bother with newborn size
    - vaseline
    - 3 trail packages of shampoo/soap
    - hand sanitizer
    - newborn size clothes (long sleeve onsie, short sleeve onsie, footed pants, footed sleeper, hat)
    - 3mth size clothes (long sleeve onsie, short sleeve onsie, footed pants, footed sleeper, hat)... just in case baby is really big
    - 3 receiving blankets

Am I missing anything for baby?  Should I add in the pacifiers (I will be EFF)?

Thanks!

Doesn't your hospital provide these for you???? And you will def use newborn diapers unless you have a 10lb+ baby!!!

• Loading the player...
  • At our hospital, wipes, diapers, tshirts, blankets, pacifiers, and hats were provided as well as bottles and formula.  We were allowed to take everything home except the blankets.  I had a Csection, so we were there longer and the only baby outfit we needed was the going home outfit.  We kept her in hospital stuff and a blanket. 

I would definitely bring blankets for when you go home.  I also agre with the pp, you will need NB diapers. My DD was 6lbs at birth and didn't switch to size one until she was almost 2 months old!  She also did not fit into newborn clothes.  Someone ran out and bought a few premie outfits to get through. 

You will not need shampoo/soap for the baby.  Again from my experience, bathing is done in the nursery or by nurses.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • HelsHels member

From what I understand, all you really need is an outfit to take baby home and a blanket to put over the car seat.  Everything else, the hospital will provide.  

My plan so far :  newborn outfit + hat, 0-3 outfit + hat, blanket, couple of diapers, burp cloth if she spits up on the ride home. That's it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ah... I should have included that the hospital doesn't provide much. They will provide the infant gowns and blankets for the duration of the stay and anything you need for bottle feeding.  Everything else is up to us.  In my prenatal classes they were warning us about this because they WILL send your DH down to the pharmacy to buy diapers, wipes, vaseline etc and if is super expensive in the hospital pharmacy. 

I will definatly get some newborn diapers.  We were told in class not to bother (which I thought was odd).  But based on your recommendations I will get a small pack.  We plan on CD once we get home. 

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Most hospitals provide... 

baby wipes (we used cloths and water in the hospital)

diapers

vaseline

hand sanitizer

anything you need for the first bath

blankets

pacifiers 

We only needed to pack clothes for the baby. I would double check to make sure you need all of this. 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I too would get the newborn diapers. They can wear them until 10 pounds. Target brand are very good and they are cheap.

I too brought my own wipes and diapers. The hospital does not use wipes, they use wet cloth. Also, they only used Pampers Dry Max and lo and behold, my LO had the reddest bottom within hours. I had packed my own Huggies.

My hospital did NOT give me a pacifier and I was shocked. I was glad I had one.

I brought my Sound Sheep to the hospital and used it night one :) LO loves that darned thing!

I didn't care for the hospital super jumbo pads. They were not absorbant, just huge. I had Always Overnights and those were awesome.

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"