June 2011 Moms
Options

Book Suggestions

Does anyone have a recommendation regarding books on preemie care? Since I delivered last week, I need to know how to take care of my little Dexter once he gets to come home! Also, for those of you out there who had a preemie in previous pregnancies...what did you do for a car seat? Did you have to get a specific one, or what? I feel kind of clueless here...

TIA

Re: Book Suggestions

• Options

I previously consulted (as a therapist) for a preemies group, and am still on their listserv. Recently, there was a post about carseats, and a lot of Moms mentioned using Chicco. You can use Chicco Keyfit with babies as small as 4lbs. Also, ask your hospital, they may have recs, as well.

Here is the link to the resource page for this particular preemie group.  There is a list of books about 3/4 down the page. They are based near where I live, but offer national online support if you need something like that (through Big Tent, and online group).

Good luck!

ETA: there is a preemie board on The Bump, you might find some good idea/tips there also!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I second the Preemie board. When we were at risk for a very young preemie I lurked there daily. It was very helpful and informative.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"