Pregnant after IF

? about HPTs (coming over from infertility)

We are in the middle of our first IVF cycle....beta is on Tuesday.  Of course I couldn't wait and I started testing with HPTs. I had checked before to make sure the trigger was out of my system.  Anyway, long story short....after a few faint faint lines on IC's, yesterday I used an E.P.T. certainty digital...it said "pregnant".  Of course DH and I were questioning it so I bought a different brand... First Response digital....and last night it came up "no".  I decided I should use FMU with them so this morning with the same sample..IC- faint line, EPT digital "Pregnant", and FRER- "no".  Now we are even more confused.

I guess my question is did anyone get a + with one brand and a - with another?

Thanks!

IVF w/ ICSI #1 April 2011 12dp3dt beta#1- 49.4 15dp3dt Beta#2- 240.7! 22dp3dt- 4940.4 u/s#1 6w4d- hb 120 u/s#2 8w1d-hb 160 u/s#3 9w4d no hb- missed misscarriage measuring 9w2d D & C IVF #2 BFN IVF #3

Re: ? about HPTs (coming over from infertility)

• The sensitivity on the FRER dig may be higher.  I would try the regular old pink line FRER.  And remember your levels sometimes have to be higher depending on the test.  I had a pink line with FRER faint and Pregnant on CB digi. I didn't like the EPT dig we got 2 false pos. (not to scare you) may have been chemicals.  But with my BFP my first beta was only 25 so it really does depend on the test.  Good luck. 
    image, image
    My little gummy bear
    10/09-started our journey 3/14/10- Dx anovulatory 12/29 IUI #3 BFP beta 1-25, 2-60, 3-2064. u/s 1 beautiful baby :) 9/22 Baby girl born 6 lb 14 oz perfect !!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks!  Yep of course I have been googling and I saw some reviews where people got false positives too....so that is what I am concerned about!  Thanks for the suggestion....I'll go buy the FRER with lines today....and of course Tuesday I will know for sure!
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 April 2011 12dp3dt beta#1- 49.4 15dp3dt Beta#2- 240.7! 22dp3dt- 4940.4 u/s#1 6w4d- hb 120 u/s#2 8w1d-hb 160 u/s#3 9w4d no hb- missed misscarriage measuring 9w2d D & C IVF #2 BFN IVF #3
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelovesred9:
    Thanks!  Yep of course I have been googling and I saw some reviews where people got false positives too....so that is what I am concerned about!  Thanks for the suggestion....I'll go buy the FRER with lines today....and of course Tuesday I will know for sure!

I can't imagine that you would get that many false positives if you weren't pregnant. Good luck! 

m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • You are pregnant! Get your smile on girl! A line is a line is a line! They have different sensitivity levels so they will register differently early on. Don't fret! I hope for a nice wrong beta for you! Good luck!
    TTC#2: septum removed, 2 losses, Stage 2 Endo, thin lining, slight MFI
    iui #5 2/7 + 2/8 = BFP!! 11 dpiui
    Beta #1 2/18 11dpiui= 46, Beta #2 13dpiui 150, Beta #3 16dpiui 584!!
    u/s revealed triplets! Baby B 3rd loss 8w2d. Twins! EDD 10/31/11 * c/s scheduled 10/12/11 My NEW BLOG Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't use a digi. The first test I used was actually an Equate blue dye test and after it I used a FRER. I will never test with FRER again. It was harder getting a line on those (even though they say they are one of the most sensitive). After getting lines on those I just stuck to $ store for my obsession lol.

So, in conclusion lol, I liked the Equate blue dye the best! GL - you are definetly getting a line which means you got something in there ; )

• Each test is definitely different. I mistakenly bought some blue dye tests which are notoriously known for being unreliable, but decided to use them because i had already bought them. I thought i picked up a faint line on wednesday and was encouraged to go get a pink line regular FRER, not the fancy ones just the regular. I used one wednesday night and got the faintest of faint lines. Thursday morning i used another blue dye and saw a clearer plus sign, used the FRER again and saw a clearer but still faint line, i took a shot in the dark and used a CB digi and it popped up pregnant. Ive been testing every day since finishing the blue dyes and used my last FRER this morning. Todays test line was just about as dark as the control. I think FRER is the most reliable in addition to the CB digi. My beta is tomorrow and repeat on Wed. GL hun and let us know how it goes!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for all the responses!  I took a FRER w/ the pink lines- yesterday and this morning,  both times I saw a light, but pink 2nd line... so it is looking good.  My Beta is Tuesday so I won't get too excited until then!

Jezebell26- My ER was 4/18 too....but I did a 3dt!  Good Luck tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"