Multiples

Recommend your strength training program

I'm thinking either The Firm or something along those lines. Anyone have any recommendations? I get on my treadmill almost every day and get at least a mile and a half in but it's not firming me up.

I've lost 20.6 pounds since the middle of January :) I'm getting my sexy back Stick out tongue

Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your strength training program

• I've heard great things about the p90x program, and am now saving the $$ to buy and try it. I've heard its super intense, but the results are awesome.
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was a personal trainer b4 getting married and DD so best is to incorporate wt training with cardio. HIIT (High intensity interval training) works best for most moms. (Which I think is was 90x is-but not sure)  And wt training doesnt require a whole gym of wts either. 7-20 lbs of dumbbells goes a long way. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like the 30 Day Shred and other "Shred" products (like Shred It With Weights). It combines cardio and weight training and the best part is that each workout is only 20-30 mins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedulcinea03:
    I've heard great things about the p90x program, and am now saving the $$ to buy and try it. I've heard its super intense, but the results are awesome.

I don't know if I'm hard core enough for p90x Geeked

Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the 30-day Shred program - before being PG I ran a lot and did the 30 day Shred for toning.  Even though it is only 20 minutes it definitely kicks my butt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you ladies. I can't stand Jillian Michaels but I will look into 30 day shred :)

• I just did Barre3 for the first time tonight.  You won't get out of breath with it, but your whole body will be shaking by the end.  It seems like it would be good to add to your normal cardio workouts a few times a week. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"