3rd Trimester

XP: Kieran Thomas is here!!

I never got the chance to write out a long birth story or even really mention that DS2 was born but he's here! He was born April 18th at 6:41pm after about 10 minutes of pushing! I was supposed to have a doctors appointment at 2pm but on my way there, the doctor had to cancel because someone was in labor but I was having major contractions so they told me to just head over to l&d. Once I got checked, I was 5-6cm and they told me I was going into the labor room. That took half an hour for some reason and the contractions were getting worse. finally I got into my room and they were trying to get an IV in and take some blood but of course, it took a long time because I have full sleeve tattoos and they couldn't find my veins :-/ the doctor came in, said that I could have my epidural when I wanted (after the fluids) and then we'd break my water and go from there. 

I finally got my epidural and was having a lot of pressure. My doctor came and broke my water and I was already 8-9cm. This was all about 2 hours if that since I was at the hospital. Maybe 20 minutes passes and I'm ready to push. The doctor got all up in there and asked me to try pushing but I felt like I was either going to fart or poop myself so I gave a weak push. He backed up and I let all loose, and they made me stop because he was right there and my dr had to change into the scrubs. After about 4 pushes, Kieran Thomas was born! He had the cord tightly around his neck and they had to cut the cord from his neck and it took like 30 seconds for him to cry (scariest moment of my life) but then they put him on my chest. 

After the hellish pregnancy I had (28 weeks of morning sickness, contractions and major cervical pain since 30 weeks, finally went into labor at 40 weeks 2 days. I can say he was worth all of the pain and anxiety! Kieran latched on pretty quickly but his latch was weak and he never opened his mouth big enough so I've been exclusively pumping. It's a lot of work but he was at his birth weight not even a week later so he's doing great. He sleeps like a champ, better than I could have ever dreamed of. He's been giving me 5-8 hour stretches at night! My DS1 has hardly noticed that he's even here, except he'll go up to the baby and point, but so far (knock on wood) no jealousy! I'm beyond surprised since DS1 is a major momma's boy and has attachment (and so do i) issues. 

Here are some pics from the birth and from his newborn shoot :-) Thanks for reading. 

classic ugly cry face

Daddy & his boys

Proud big brother

Easter

Some from his newborn shoot

Re: XP: Kieran Thomas is here!!

• Awwww he is so beautiful! His hair is so perfect!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aww! Congrats! He is beautiful, I love the last pic with that big smile! What a doll :D 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Love the newborn pictures! Such a cutie:o) Congrats!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ahhh I love your boys' matching outfits!! So Cute!
    JennaRosaliePhotography.com | Facebook.com/JennaRosaliePhotography
  • Beautiful baby(s)

Are you Irish? Both of your boys have Irish names and I also noticed the shamrocks. Super cute.

imageimage
  • imagetheaustins05:

Beautiful baby(s)

Are you Irish? Both of your boys have Irish names and I also noticed the shamrocks. Super cute.

I'm not but my husband is almost 100% and we both love the culture. My dogs also have irish names (O'Malley, Jameson & Finnegan) haha. I felt my DS's had to have irish names since the dogs do! i'm crazy, i know :-) I've already planned my next baby's name if it's a girl, it's Reagan. I just realized all of my kids will have 6 letter names and end in an. 

thank you so much guys!!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"