Pregnant after IF

Antibiotics in first trimester?

Has anyone had to take antibiotics in their first trimester? I think one of my wisdom teeth that is partially impacted may be infected. I woke up today with some jaw pain by my wisdom tooth. I'll ask RE on Monday and call my dentist, but I know the best relief of pain with a wisdom tooth is extracting the tooth and all the websites I've read have said dentist's won't touch wisdom teeth until the second trimester and even then they would prefer to wait until after birth! I am sure if it's infected that they will want to start antibiotics, but I'm nervous about taking anything in the first trimester! Anybody else have to take antibiotics in the first trimester? Ugh! Thanks girls! Oh and I'm Sorry for no introduction. I'm still petrified to intro myself on this board after four fresh iVF cycles. I'm scared to do anything in fear that something happens.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Antibiotics in first trimester?

• I took antibiotics after my ER  but that's it so far.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • I took antibiotics for a UTI I had in the 1st trimester.

I hope you are able to get some relief until you are able to have you wisdom teeth removed.

• Loading the player...
  • No advice on the antibiotics but I hope you get some relief soon.  Some dentists will do the extraction during 1st tri if it is bad.  The risk of local injections of anesthetic is much lower than having an infected tooth.
  • imagenjohnson1972:

I took antibiotics for a UTI I had in the 1st trimester.

This, but mine had turned into a bladder infection.  And I had to take another course in the 2nd tri for a sinus infection.  It sucked.  I hate to take anything if I can avoid it, but I couldn't.  (avoid it.)  The doctors and pharmacists know which ones are safe for pregnancy though so if you do need them, you'll be okay.  And congrats, btw :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"