3rd Trimester

labor ?

All day my ctrx have gone from 6-3 min apart. From back to front, etc. They've gotten worse, but I can walk & talk just fine. Even eat (although it made me feel a little sick) I know some pples water won't break on its own, and l&d nurses told me not to return until ctrx are unbearable or my water breaks. They hurt,bad, but I'm still managing. My question is, can LO get hurt if I wait too long? Will my water EVER break???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: labor ?

• I would say that you should just go in if you are questioning!

I think the whole thing about "unbearable" is crap! The doctor I called when I was in labor with DD said that I should be in tears before I came in. Well-I never thought contractions were unbearable and was never in tears.

Everyone's labor is different, and if you feel you have enough reason to question it, I would just go and see what's happening!

Every time I'm in L&D for whatever reason, they are always so helpful and encourage me not to hesitate to come in! Sounds like I'm there a lot, but I've had to be there twice this time for my blood pressure issues! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes you can hurt LO if you wait too long.  He could be having heart decelerations as the contractions continute.  If I were you I would call your doc.  You probably need an NST to make sure baby is tollerating your labor.  They may just hook you up for 30 mins to check it and then send you home though if you are not really progressing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Lo is still wiggling. Dh suggests I fake cry lol
  • If they've been that consistent I'd say just go. Better safe than sorry right?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I generally listen to the guidelines the doctors give me, whatever that be. If you're not feeling LO go get checked. If you're feeling the contractions differently now and they're lower, stronger and very painful then you have to make the call when to go in based on your doctor's advice. I can feel my contractions in my cervix and it's a sharp shooting pain that is excruciating on top of the tightening front to back etc.

I've been having mine regularly since 8 but they stopped labor last night so i'm waiting for the 5 min apart and as strong as they were last night as a good indicator. 

Go with your gut but also make sure to be in a good deal of pain because you could very well get sent home or end up stuck in the hospital for a very long time unnecessarily. Good luck!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My waters never broke, they started to when I was in labor in the Hospital (eventually) but never fully ruptured so the midwife had to break them.

Also from the small bit that did rupture they found that DD had decided to do a poo in the womb so they had to make sure that they had a pediatrician around when she arrived to check her out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD I was 10 cm, pushing and DD;s head was almost out before my water broke,  MW did not break them for me.  Some babies are born "in the caul" where the water doesn't break until they are out. 

I also never had contractions that were unbearable.  I did however start seeing stars through some of them, and decided that it was time to go in.  When I arrived I was already in transition.

Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemommaj530:
    If they've been that consistent I'd say just go. Better safe than sorry right?

This. 

• Ii am pullini. Into l&d now. They are definitely stronger after dhs driving. The meconium thing scares me. I haed brown runny fluid yesterday. :/
  • Good Luck!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • wow...I would love for them to determine what exactly unbearable means. With my DS we didn't go in until I started having contractions...which wasn't till I was already 8cm and fully efaced I might add. At this point they started at 6 minutes apart and we waited about 15 minutes till we made the decision to go in, good thing we did as DS was here in a matter of 3 hours from the point of me having my first contraction to his arrival. I wouldn't listen to them and I'd go in, especially dependent on how far away you are from the hospital..I say better safe than sorry! to also add to my story, my water didn't break until they decided to strap me to the contraction machine...they were all nonchalant about everything because I was a "first time mom" and they probably thought that I was a weenie..till they attached me to the machines and checked and then they flew around in pure chaos to get the doctor there as it was 2am..so ANYTHING can happen...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"