3rd Trimester

Good ways to pass the time?

Ok, so I'm just now 37 weeks and moderately miserable. I can't walk very far or for very long, I have a 2 year old and I'm tired all the time.

During the work week things are good b/c I'm occupied mentally by the tasks at hand at the office (none of which require walking or bending or anything like that).

So then comes the weekend. I don't have tasks like that to do - all tasks are house related as you can imagine - washing dishes, playing with DD, going to bday parties and things like that. None of which do I want to do.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to do a better job of making the weekends not so unbearable?? I hate to just lie around, but it's all I want to do...

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Good ways to pass the time?

• I've found that trips to the park and outdoor activities are a better way to pass the time! Then I'm not so worried by all the household things that I should be doing at the time!

Also, I've been trying to do a lot of special activities with DD, we did some baking this weekend and finger paints! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think I'm lame b/c those things have become really difficult to do for me. I'm just so huge at this point...I'd way rather defer to DH to do the outdoor activities - I just get exhausted sooooo easy...

(sorry for being such a downer....)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemarcinator19:

I think I'm lame b/c those things have become really difficult to do for me. I'm just so huge at this point...I'd way rather defer to DH to do the outdoor activities - I just get exhausted sooooo easy...

(sorry for being such a downer....)

I completely understand!!! The only reason I do these things is because she is easier to handle outdoors or at the park! Inside I constantly have to entertain her and that is exhausting. Outside? She just plays and I sit and soak in the rays!

The baking was another story-I was feeling ambitious this morning! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Activities, like pp suggested (baking, painting, cooking etc that you can involve LO in) are always fun.

Maybe get a small playset for the yard so that you don't have to go far to get your kiddo out of the house. Letting them run while you can relax is huge. Maybe look for a local discovery museum or something like that as well. I also nap when my LO naps because I get exhausted so easily and that helps to rejuvenate me for the rest of the day.

GL..I know it's tiring and exhausting..I have my LO home 2 days a week now plus weekends and he wears me out! As for house work..DH and I share but he does most since i'm limited. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for understanding.

I'm starting to concern myself b/c I keep entertaining the option of getting induced at 39.5 weeks b/c I just don't want to be pregnant anymore. I know full well all the reasons I shouldn't do it, but I can't stop thinking about it...I'm just so frickin' done...

• Today I woke up at like 5 am (insomnia!!!) and straightened my hair, went back to sleep with hubby, put in a load of laundry, went to lunch with a friend, took a nap, put laundry in dryer, went grocery shopping, cooked dinner, and now I'm finally going to fold that laundry! lol! I work all week too, and am now finally able to do all these things at a leisurely pace!!  I'd say plan get togethers with friends family to break up the day!  I'm trying to get myself to comit to reading this breastfeeding book before LO gets here, but I can't sit still that long w/o falling asleep! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like to sew. I do little projects so I get instant gratification. 

Getting up and getting ready (then putting the sweats back on), always makes me more productive for the day.

I try to cook dinner every night, google new & easy recipes.

I record shows to watch while DS naps, or go online  https://watchseries.eu/

I print out coupons for walgreens. It's small and close so it makes it easy and fun.

Crocheting.

I like to go to www.starfall.com  with DS and learn letters.

Paint my nails/toes.

I take extra long baths and ex foliate with honey and sugar. 

When it's nice outside I force myself out then usually find the energy to get a fire going & let DS play outside while I hang by the fire.

I got to www.youtube.com and make playlists.

www.stumbleupon.com 

I play facebook games

I cook desserts, then I eat them.

Clean up makeup with wipes.

text chacha (242242) and ask random questions

get dressed cute with DS and take pics of us.

go to used stores and wander around looking for anything.

garage sale.

eat some more 

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • imagelilmommalcw:

I like to sew. I do little projects so I get instant gratification. 

Getting up and getting ready (then putting the sweats back on), always makes me more productive for the day.

I print out coupons for walgreens. It's small and close so it makes it easy and fun.

Crocheting.

Paint my nails/toes.

When it's nice outside I force myself out then usually find the energy to get a fire going & let DS play outside while I hang by the fire.

www.stumbleupon.com 

I play facebook games

garage sale.

eat some more 

LOVE THIS

• Hobby Lobby/ Micheal's have cross-stitch kits, which can take up a lot of spare time to finish. (they have counted cross-stitch and stamped cross-stitch, the counted is far harder to do). So far I've finished two bibs for baby girl, and am now working on a sampler to hang on her wall. They also have crochet and knitting kits too.
  • Netflix. Watch a TV series you've never seen before. I recommend Bones and Lost if you haven't seen them before. There's a reason your body just wants to rest any more... you're getting ready for a marathon. So rest! :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • imagelilmommalcw:

I like to sew. I do little projects so I get instant gratification. 

Crocheting.

Paint my nails/toes.

www.stumbleupon.com 

I play facebook games

garage sale.

eat some more 

Stumbleupon rocks!!! I was about to recommend that one, too. Categories I especially love are Cooking and Hobbies and Crafts! :)

WatchSeries is also a great site. I'm a big fan of wasting time online. ;)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Go to dinner with a friend, get a pedicure, watch a tv show on dvd, read a good book, load up on fashion magazines, work on baby books, play boardgames, fantasy shop online, go to a movie, call and catch up with friends, do a puzzle,  etc.
  • I just hit 36 weeks and am now off bedrest so I'm excited to be able to get out and do outside stuff- and the weather is beautiful!!  Yes, it IS exhausting but its fun for the girls, I know we won't be able to do much of it for a while, I'd like to do some stuff before it gets TOO hot, and I figure the extra walking can't hurt in getting the baby out soon after my cerclage comes out on Wednesday.

Like you- the weekend is alot of family stuff.  This weekend we had CPR class yesterday while the in-laws babysat.  Today we have a bday party this afternoon.  So, around that....we took an early walk yesterday at about 9am to the playground and were there almost an hour.  I sat and drank my coffee while DH monitored the kids.  IT was quite relaxing!  Then after the class the we went outside for a little bit and then I ended up taking a nap.  Today, we got a sitter for 5pm so DH and I can go out for one final dinner- by ourselves!!

Next weekend we have a bday party only.  So the other day I am going to bring the girls to a ranch we have here- a wagon ride to see and feed different animals.  (certainly a wagon ride will help to break my water- no?) ;) 

Other activities I'd like to get in the last few weekends:

outdoor ice cream shop that has a playground

maybe the zoo if I'm feeling up to it

strawberry picking 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ? this list! I too am going crazy - (very very overdue!) ... so just hang in there and let that little one bake!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"